No gains at commercial gym..

Options
No love for recording lifts and making gains at 24... RIP my gains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkn6Su-5D0k

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    RIP your gainz, they were so young. We had so little time to know them well.

Requiscat in pace.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    That's terrible that they wouldn't let you violate the Terms of Use that you agreed to. What a bunch of nazis. I would definitely whine about them all over the web.
  • muskeltea
    muskeltea Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Srs..guess the Terms of Use mentioned how I might reveal their secret dieting/conditioning strats if I recorded, damn
  • Cherimoose
    Options
    Large gyms ban filming for the privacy of their members.. especially in the locker rooms, where filming is a problem. Trainers don't make the rules, so blaming them is like blaming the police when they catch you breaking the law.

Nobody's stopping you from lifting heavy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Large gyms ban filming for the privacy of their members.. especially in the locker rooms, where filming is a problem. Trainers don't make the rules, so blaming them is like blaming the police when they catch you breaking the law.

this is what I was thinking- it's about protecting everyone else. Not you.

But that being said- I videoed all the time at LA Fitness- no issues.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Yeah, I've seen the no photo signs in the locker room at LA Fitness, but never tried to film myself. I doubt anyone would say anything if I'm filming myself and not other people.

Also, is it called bropress just because your feet aren't flat on the floor and contributing to the lift, or...
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    No love for recording lifts and making gains at 24... RIP my gains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkn6Su-5D0k

I guess you got some extra views on your channel from posting this...
  • muskeltea
    muskeltea Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ya rules make sense, its just the way the trainers enforce and explain their reasoning behind it lol they are very subjective on who they talk to. Example, some big dude comes in reps 405 deads for reps and drops weights, no one bats a eye. Then you have a small asian kid like me pulling 405 for a single and dropping and I get talked to... hmmm I guess thats what I get for signing up to a fitness center and not a gym.

Also, for the USPA they allow you to not have flat feet while benching.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    ya rules make sense, its just the way the trainers enforce and explain their reasoning behind it lol they are very subjective on who they talk to. Example, some big dude comes in reps 405 deads for reps and drops weights, no one bats a eye. Then you have a small asian kid like me pulling 405 for a single and dropping and I get talked to... hmmm I guess thats what I get for signing up to a fitness center and not a gym.

Also, for the USPA they allow you to not have flat feet while benching.
    Then you should bring it up to management. It should be consistent. Sounds like some trainers be afraid of the big dudes. Me, I tell EVERYONE.

BTW, filming is not allowed more for liability reasons. It's not about you filming yourself, but about others filming others and possibly posting it on a public viewing site like Youtube. Had this happen back in 2008 where I was working in Virginia. A teacher at the swim center (where I worked) was filmed in her bathing suit. A student at the school filmed and posted it and the teacher got a big load of criticism on her body. Lawsuit came up again the swim center. I don't know how it ended up, but it did make that local news and papers. Not good advertisement for the swim center.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Might be time to invest in a private or a PL gym there OP.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yeah, I've seen the no photo signs in the locker room at LA Fitness, but never tried to film myself. I doubt anyone would say anything if I'm filming myself and not other people.

Also, is it called bropress just because your feet aren't flat on the floor and contributing to the lift, or...

well the locker rooms are kind of no- duh- I know a girl who takes progress shots there- but the one I was at- usually she took shots on the "prep" side- we had an entire row of counters and a wall between where people typically change- so it wasn't a crisis- but yeah- mostly it's don't take pictures in a locker room. it's rude - and you never know what you'll catch.
  • Cherimoose
    Options
    ya rules make sense, its just the way the trainers enforce and explain their reasoning behind it lol they are very subjective on who they talk to. Example, some big dude comes in reps 405 deads for reps and drops weights, no one bats a eye. Then you have a small asian kid like me pulling 405 for a single and dropping and I get talked to.

If the rules prohibit dropping weights, then you broke the rules, simple as that. Put foam mats under the plates, lower the bar a little slower, and get on with life.