Huge, yummy, low-calorie stir-fry (125 per serving!)

rdoudak
rdoudak Posts: 3 Member
Hey guys,

So, every once in a while you find a food hack: a yummy, satisfying meal that is surprisingly so low in calories you can eat 2 or 3 servings with no guilt involved! So, today i found such a hack and i thought i would share with you guys! I used vegetables I enjoy eating but you can swap them out with your favorites/whatever you have in the fridge! If you're not a fan of tofu, it can be replaced with chicken breast.

Ingredients:
1 package firm tofu
2 bags shirataki noodles
3 oz sugar snap peas
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion
3 oz broccoli slaw
80g asparagus
70g mushrooms
50g bean sprouts
3Tsoy sauce
2T Teriyaki sauce
pam spray
red pepper flakes

Instructions:
1. open the tofu then place between two plates and paper towel to absorb moisture. Chop up garlic and onion and cook them with a bit of pam.
2. Boil and strain the shirataki noodles. (to take away the fishy flavor)
3. Cook the veggies in with the onion and garlic.
4. when the veggies are cooked, add the soy sauce, pepper and teriyaki
5. shop up the tofu. Add it and the noodles. Then stir until everything is warm and coated in sauce!

The entire meal adds up to a little over 500 calories. I usually divide it into 4 small meals that are 125 calories each. (its a pretty big amount)

Replies

• KTStepsUp
    KTStepsUp Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks so much for sharing this! I'll try it! :)
  • rainrain83
    rainrain83 Posts: 82 Member
    thankyou :smile:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Will have to look into those noodles. Thanks
  • rdoudak
    rdoudak Posts: 3 Member
    Shirataki noodles are amazing! The texture is a bit different and you need to boil them for a few minutes before you use them but..... they're zero calories. yes, ZEROOOOOOOOOOO.
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    This sounds yummy. Thanks for posting!
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    bumping for dinner this weekend
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    definitely want to try this - bump and thanks!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Shirataki noodles are amazing! The texture is a bit different and you need to boil them for a few minutes before you use them but..... they're zero calories. yes, ZEROOOOOOOOOOO.

What are they made of? I assume it must be something that passes through your gut without being absorbed? Are they truly zero calories, or zero calories per serving with a tiny listed serving size?