Under calorie limit, but eaten alot of carbs?

Options
Hi,
I'm currently eating about 2000 calories per day in maintenance, and after planning out my dinner I will be beneath my calorie goal by around 200ish calories. However, my only worry is that I have eaten alot of starchy carbs today.
For breakfast I had cheerios and toast, then for lunch I had a sandwhich and crisps. The sandwich did have chicken salad inside it, but everything else was really starchy food.
Now, I'm actually under my calorie limit, and usually I judge based on just calories, however, I can't shift the thought that I've eaten so many carbs today, specifically bread. Does this matter, or will it not make too much difference?

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    You may see some temp water weight gain for the next few days, but nothing more. Cals are what regulate your weight. Macros are what help with body composition goals. One day off in cals or macros won't do anything measurable.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm currently eating about 2000 calories per day in maintenance, and after planning out my dinner I will be beneath my calorie goal by around 200ish calories. However, my only worry is that I have eaten alot of starchy carbs today.
    For breakfast I had cheerios and toast, then for lunch I had a sandwhich and crisps. The sandwich did have chicken salad inside it, but everything else was really starchy food.
    Now, I'm actually under my calorie limit, and usually I judge based on just calories, however, I can't shift the thought that I've eaten so many carbs today, specifically bread. Does this matter, or will it not make too much difference?

Do you hit your protein and fat numbers? These are more important than carbs (IMO). If carbs are pushing everything else out, then you need to cut back.

I eat starchy carbs too, but protein is more filling to me. You could sub yogurt (or eggs, or cottage cheese, or meat) for toast. 2 carbs in one meal is a bit much.

My lunch (I eat way less than 2000...older, female).....but I'll have a sandwich & veggies & fruit....no crisps. I do have popcorn (carb) several times a week as a snack.
  • yakira30
    Options
    Just like you I am confused as to weather I should focus on calories or carbs, it is so frustrating. Also looking at the sugar because now I have been hearing allot that sugar can be worst than counting calories. I wish it could be easier to able be able to keep up with what your suppose to do but everyday is something different.
  • LRH94
    LRH94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ugh, tell me about it! Everyone on this site just argues alot