Help w/my arms!

Options
Can someone tell me the best way to lose weight in my arms and get more definition?

I strength train 5Xs per week (bootcamp and Les Mills BodyPump) and while I can see the changes I would really like to slim the upper arms and see some more definition.

I'm losing inches all over but I still have an issue with my arms. I can FEEL the muscles, I can SEE the change in the shape of my body overall including the biceps and deltoids but I'm not sure what else I should be doing to get the results I want.

Female / 49
SW: 215 CW: 181
down 6.5 inches Waist
down 4 inches Chest

I started bootcamp a year ago - started taking it seriously in May and began MFP. Started BodyPump in June.

Thanks for suggestions!

Replies

• ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    strength training will help tone and tighten your arms but there unfortunately is no way to spot reduce weight from certain areas just keep doing what your doing and losing weight as a whole it'll come off your arms eventually I had the same issue with weight on my stomach when my first weight loss goals always came from my thighs. Your on the right track keep on going and youll will see success in no time
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Bodypump isn't "strength" training per se, but more of a muscle endurance training which does help with burning calorie, but not much with "hardening" muscle underneath. Ever do some basic weight lifting (75%-85% of 1RM) with just straight sets within 10 reps per set?
    As for reducing fat, it will come, but you can't dictate how body fat comes off nor spot reduce with exercise. Genetics is going to determine how your body decides to lose fat.
    Consistency with eating is was counts most though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you just need to keep losing bodyfat to get more definition...

calorie deficit, adequate protein and some strength/resistance training.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Continue deficit. Patience.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Seeing muscle definition is fat loss, there is no way to choose where the fat comes off. :/
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!