I haven't weighed myself in over 2 months!

Options
2»

Replies

• mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Like I always say, the scale is like an ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend, there is a good reason why you left it. Make you feel bad and it plays with your emotions. ;)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    As long as your clothes fit there is really no need to step on it. I might do it once every 2-3 months these days, just for curiosity sake. I don't let it define me anymore either, and I'm actually happier to see a higher number because I know it's mostly muscle if my clothes are all still fitting.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello friends, I do the same I have-not seen my scale from past 3 months. If I am right for my own standards, then I don't worry too much about weight loss, i focus to stay fit and healthy instead of worrying about my weight, according to me its not good to use scale again and again in the same week, if you are following any plan then first of all totally focus on it, then its better to look for the result.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I did the same. I last weighed a month ago but
    my clothes fit fine and I've toned so I'm well
    adjusted to this. Great move on your part as well.
  • eliska26
    Options
    I haven´t weighed myself for 2 or 3 years. It never resulted in anything good. After weighing I always ended up eating more. Bad number = restriction= starvation= eating more and faster at the end of the day. Good number= afraid to eat not to screw up my success= restriction= starvation= eating more. Fortunately not binging or overeating but just eating more than I would have been if I hadn´t weighed myself (mostly in the evening). I am glad that I am not alone, and agree with do not let your scale rule your life.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I didn't weigh myself all pregnancy, and only weighed myself last week at 4 months post partum and cried and felt so miserable, and as a result only ate just over 1200 calories that day. I can see I'm making progress so I could kick myself for weighing myself because I am now hung up n the number! However, I will be weighing once a month with my PT, and he'll take measurements too.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I don't blame you OP.
    My Sister done the same,...but i STILL can't bring myself to thrown mine away. :grumble:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My scale lives in the back of my closet....under some very expensive shoes. My weight loss is very slow...that's how I want it.

I have plenty if things to drive me crazy...something I purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond should not be one of them.

That being said I do have an evil tape measure......
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yep me and the scales are having a trial separation, although first it was only 4 days until I went running back, but they lied again so this time its for good... well at least for a month.
  • Delitebabe
    Delitebabe Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in about 3 weeks and that's only because my scale's battery is dead! it's really tough for me since I fear that I'm going to step on it soon and realise I have put on a lot of weight! Well done on your discipline.
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's been nearly three weeks for me (and I'm on a trip and my scale in six states away for another 2 weeks). I'm good with the no scale thing. :)
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
    way to break the worst habit ever! :flowerforyou: