My self image is creating a plateau on my weight loss

Options
Well this is my first post, (and I don't know if this would go in this section buuuttt) over the past two years I've lost over 60 pounds and for some reason I just don't feel like I look any different. My problem areas are still my problem areas and I still don't love how I look.
In the past 6 months I've only lost 4 pounds, where I was originally losing around 3-5 pounds a month.
These last 15 pounds are really testing me psychologically. I'm cleaning up my diet (but as a vegetarian it's hard to cut out my bread intake :( )
But I am more than ready to finish what I started two years ago. However these last 15 pounds have left me in absolute disarray and I fear that it is my poor self image is what is holding me back from finishing what I want to do.
If anyone has any advice I would be so thankful.

Replies

• floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell what's exactly going on because a) you are too new to MFP to have a history or b) you have it all blocked.

My guess is that one or both of the following things have happened, and this is based on my own plateau and backsliding over the last year:
    -your workouts and diet have not been adjusted to your new 60-pound lighter and stronger body
    -you've allowed yourself to cheat on the workouts and diet because you have been doing it for so long you feel you deserve a break.

My problem was/is largely the latter and I have paid for it by regaining a lot of what I had lost. As long as you are still losing weight, even just a little, at least you are moving in the right direction! Don't give up!