So overwhelemed and confused

Options
2»

Replies

• LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    "I need to lose at least 50 lbs. I'm a female, almost 35, 5'2 (and a half), 177lbs"

I would recommend setting your goal at 70lbs.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got alot of stress. That doesn't make it easy, but you'll have to be super organized, and you can do it. As you feel better, things may go better too. I sure hope so and am pulling for you dear. Don't give up, and take things slow, but sure. Do what you can do, and try to get a friend to walk with you. Best.:smile:
  • brandyjones1991
    brandyjones1991 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    "I need to lose at least 50 lbs. I'm a female, almost 35, 5'2 (and a half), 177lbs"

Are you saying that she should aim to weigh 107lbs?
  • TheDingBat
    Options

I agree, that seems low. It's at the very low end of the healthy BMI range (which, I know, is just a guideline) for a woman of her age and height, and she would still be considered healthy at 130 or 135.
  • ldnewlady
    ldnewlady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, seriously I have no desire to weigh 107lbs. I do have curves and I would love to keep my curves but be healthy weight and fit. I'm thinking at the total lowest 125lbs is more realistic for my age and also considering I have not weighed anything below 120 since I was like oh, maybe 16/17 years old. I was in the 120's until my mid-twenties then from there it started creeping up from there.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I almost feel that I'm completely doomed because I'm not getting the 7-8 hours of sleep and I know they say sleep is important to lose weight.

I have 2 young children, a FT job, I'm a FT college student. I get....MAYBE 6 hours of sleep a night. If you're doing everything else, a little less than recommended sleep will not ruin everything for you.

agreed.

I work 3 jobs- and train as a dancer and a power lifter- I average 5-6 hours of l sleep regularly.

it won't bumble up your gains/loss.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    All I did was eat less, portion control and drank less alcohol and the weight came off consistently.

Going to the gym, exercising is good for keeping fit but not actually necessary to lose weight..
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

• noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I once lost 65 lbs by changing my diet and walking. That was it. Walking doesn't cost anything and you can bring your kids if you don't have anyone to keep them. Put them in a stroller or have them ride their bikes/skate with you while you walk. Then it's a double whamy - you get to spend time with them and you are also giving them an opportunity to exercise. They will also go to sleep earlier for you so you can relax a little bit! :)

I just started jazzercise two weeks ago and honestly kind of thought i'd hate it (cause I hate exercising!!). I was hooked after the first class - totally loved it. $32 a month and I can go as much as I want to go and they have many times each day for classes and some classes even have child care. By cutting out Starbucks and eating out at lunch, I make up for the money it is costing me. After two weeks of class I'm really noticing a huge increase in my energy and am starting to even think of things I can do outside of jazzercize class (i.e. walk with my son, do extra exercises at home, etc.) Coming from me - this is HUGE. I never would have imagined that class would have had so much positive impact on me -- but I love it!
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree with starting with walking. I've lost 95lbs overall. While I've had to do a lot more than walk to get in the shape I'm in now, I lost the first 50 lbs doing nothing but tracking food and walking 60 minutes a day (more as time allowed). It gets you used to being active, is low impact and helps center your thoughts. Even though I work out 5 days a week now, I still walk 3-5 miles every day as well.