Pre op gastric bypass diet

Options
Hi

I am Helen - iv joined today hoping to keep a recored of my journey before and after
Surgery - I'm looking for new friends to add me advise me of how they managed and coped
Also just to be supportive

I'm on the 6 weeks diet - 3 days in my op is due to be done in October

Many thanks x

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kbear621
    kbear621 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I am just under 4 months post op. I had to lose almost 60 lbs before I could have my surgery, I did it in just under 3 months by putting myself on a pretty strict diet that is not the norm for post op diets.

I have learned A LOT in the 4 months since my surgery and would be happy to help anyway i can. Todfay I have lost 105 pounds since my surgery and 172 total.

Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • tjmcgee24
    Options
    Hi Helen, I had my surgery october 3rd. You said yours was to be done this month also. Did it go as scheduled? So, since my surgery I have lost 16 lbs.(23 days) I find it difficult to eat as Im supposed to. I only take in 300-500 calories a day, mostly from protein drinks. Im curious to hear how you are doing.
  • oscarmichelle
    Options
    just beginning I have just 5 lbs to move forward in the process. Then 5 lbs more to schedule surgery. Baby steps... hoping to be scheduled in February and relatively healed up in april. Maybe that's too ambitious. I know there is chance things may go much slower but I am trying to expect the best and prepare for the worst. This site is totally helping me journal my intake and prepare for the biggest change of my life.