Down 3lbs

Options
23 more lbs to go, im still new to this, any tips on good workouts at home?

Replies

• FemWeight
    Options
    23 more lbs to go, im still new to this, any tips on good workouts at home?

I'm doing the biggest loser at home challenge dvd workout - 4 weeks from beginner to winner :D.

I personally love it I'm on week three and working out 40 minutes a day five days a week. (next week up to 60 minutes a day :D)

It let me start at 20 minutes a day I think.. I think you should research it like I did and find out what is best for your body.

Good Luck!!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed Insanity :)
  • FemWeight
    Options
    I was to much of a wimp when I first tried insanity . But I think after this dvd I am gonna put my *kitten* into gear on insanity again :D
  • shouldice9
    shouldice9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try the C25K walking/running app. Works great for me! Can hardy wait for the next week to begin!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Feel free to take it at your own pace! Shaun T gives a lot of modified workouts if the other ones are too intense.

Like the above user said, it depends on your goals. Insanity is a great cardio workout and will help you lose pounds and inches. If you want to build muscle then another program using weights would be better.

Another thing to consider is whether you enjoy doing it or not. I personally am horrible at dancing so I don't enjoy it, but others really like zumba-type workout dvds. If you don't enjoy your workout, you won't want to do it. Find something that's fun for you :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner DVD's. I also printed out a bunch of HIIT workouts from the internet and posted them in my "workout room" or any workout area.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender - no frills videos on YouTube for tonnes of different exercises.
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    Options
    I have not done the insanity but currently I am doing T25, which is also Shaun T. I work up quite a sweat doing it and they also have modifiers
  • luna323
    luna323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, its 20 minute workout and really do work up a sweat.