Plateau Weight

Options
So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be at my plateau weight. Everytime I hit that weight I either get complacent and maintain or something happens and I get off my diet and quit hitting the gym.. What's some good advice on not getting complacent now?

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, I just started a 3 Day Cleanse to help me get through it!! Hope you find something that works for you! It is very hard when we hit a stand still, its like you loose our momentum and then just quit! It's hard, but we can make it thru it!!
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    My worry is I'll get complacent and start laxing on the diet.. Right now with me training for a 10k, I know I'll be in the gym.
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this myself, and we just need patience. Try switching it up some on the food.....mix up those "weight cells" in your body.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be at my plateau weight. Everytime I hit that weight I either get complacent and maintain or something happens and I get off my diet and quit hitting the gym.. What's some good advice on not getting complacent now?

Drop the idea that it's your plateau weight. I had to do this when I hit 189 a couple years ago and I used it as a crutch. It wasn't a plateau weight ... it was a weight i was comfortable with. I could eat a certain amt of food with that weight and exercise as a minimum and I was happy. It was a mindset. Try and hide the scale for a couple weeks, track your food and stay on track. Make good decisions and you will see that it's just a mindset probably and not a plateau weight. At least that is what worked for me.
  • nilyam75
    Options
    Anytime u hit that plateu u need to switch up your wkout routine. Maybe up ur speed or weights whatever it is that your doing your body is getting use to... Give it a shock by doing something totally different:) Hope that help!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    An extra tough workout (for me it's a 50+ min jog) could help too. When you log the exercise and see the big numbers you get, it can be encouraging. And since you added so much to your deficit you can "splurge" on something you don't get to eat very much. I try to do one of those workouts once a week or every 2 weeks.

It's very mental for me because I enjoy cooking and baking. Any time I can make room in my diet for something special it keeps me going because it reaffirms that counting calories doesn't have to mean completely throwing out everything you enjoy eating.

Good luck, and hopefully you'll just blow right by the plateau weight this time!
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    An extra tough workout (for me it's a 50+ min jog) could help too. When you log the exercise and see the big numbers you get, it can be encouraging. And since you added so much to your deficit you can "splurge" on something you don't get to eat very much. I try to do one of those workouts once a week or every 2 weeks.

It's very mental for me because I enjoy cooking and baking. Any time I can make room in my diet for something special it keeps me going because it reaffirms that counting calories doesn't have to mean completely throwing out everything you enjoy eating.

Good luck, and hopefully you'll just blow right by the plateau weight this time!
    I hope so.. If I do ya'll can expect a thread saying "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"