Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    double post
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Bored with Quest? Have you have all the flavors? there are like 20!

Yup and two of them are good. :laugh:
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Target actually sells some under their "Market Pantry" label that are decent-tasting, but you really ned to drink a lot of water with them, and you need to watch how many you eat - they use sugar alcohols (erythritol, xylitol) to sweeten them, and those can have a laxative effect.
    I find that the KIND bars are tasty but don't have enough protein for me except as an occasional snack.
    Think Thin has some new high-protein bars which are also pretty good, if higher on the calorie count and low on the fiber.
    Clif Builder Bars are good, but they're heavy, and they're full-sugar.

I'm surprised you don't like that Quest bars make you feel full - that's why I eat them!

I agree, I get mad thirsty with protein bars. I will not get near one if I can't drink at least two bottles of water. Since I suck at drinking as much water as I should it's a win win.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority here. Pure Protein. I also particularly like the Chocolate Peanut butter. I get them in 3x6 pack at Costco, very price effective.
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Powerbar Protein Plus 20g protein for 210 cal. They are delicious !
  • PugBug20
    Options
    Luna protein bars are my favorite. Each bar has around 180 - 190 calories and 12 grams of protein. While they aren't as high in protein as some protein bars, they also aren't as high in calories (ugh, why is it so hard to find a protein bar that is both high in protein and low in calories?). They're filling, taste like candy bars, and satisfy my sweet tooth. Both the taste and the texture are great: they aren't chalky, grainy, etc. like some protein bars. My favorite flavors are chocolate chip cookie dough (it tastes just like the real deal) and chocolate coconut almond.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ThinkThin taste way better than pure protein (and Quest) IMO. They used to be kind of hard to find but you can get them at places like Target and most grocery stores these days.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ThinkThin taste way better than pure protein (and Quest) IMO. They used to be kind of hard to find but you can get them at places like Target and most grocery stores these days.

I tried one this morning and it was delicious. Unfortunately the fiber sucks compared the Quest and the calorie count is higher. But the flavor is definitely better.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm really hooked on the Kind bars with chocolate. The dark chocolate & sea salt one is delicious! As far as a more "protein" ish bar, I stick with Quest Bars or Larabar ALT bars.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Power Crunch are my favorite!! They're super light and taste REALLY good!