Blunt & honest vs sunshine & unicorn farts

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    There's more to being honest than just being blunt. I've seen some folks here who revel in belitting others' choices or questions, just for the pleasure of it.

Being sarcastic or condescending is no more helpful than being stuffed full of unicorn hearts & roses.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    There's more to being honest than just being blunt. I've seen some folks here who revel in belitting others' choices or questions, just for the pleasure of it.

Being sarcastic or condescending is no more helpful than being stuffed full of unicorn hearts & roses.

Serious reply is serious.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Serious reply is serious.

It also misses the point. The point of this whole thread (besides the gifs) is that even if you disagree with the delivery, focus on the message because it often is a good one.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    That is mean. Everyone always agrees with me. Sooooo....
    tumblr_m5t8g0krmc1qh0qluo2_500_zps742da924.gif

How does that fish thing know what I'm into???
    i just choked on my Popsicle.

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M INTO???

This is starting to freak me out.

*takes random words from the above posts*
    *adds Brett's name*

"Everyone agrees to choke on the tip of Brett's fish popsicle."

*fun was had by all*

I, um...I do not agree.

3474763.jpg

Fine...but just the tip.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

FgpeyGw.gif
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Touch the rainbow
    tumblr_mrxk32FyoE1qmf4b2o2_500.jpg

The commercial says "taste the rainbow" but it it's a unicorn fart type of rainbow, I'll let you touch it. I'm not going near it.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I want a blunt and honest unicorn that farts rainbows.

post-27446-The-More-You-Know-Unicorn-gif-t9g3.gif
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The blunt & honest answers/advice usually holds the OP responsible for what they are doing. Some people would rather want to believe that it's a medical or special snowflake issue instead of thinking that they might actually be doing something wrong.

48e06566baaaa3f43027524cce29ca61.jpg
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Somewhere is a middle.
    The middle, is nice.

Personally methinks the smart people live in the middle and secretly laugh at everybody else.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

I'd hit it!

tumblr_mqtvg1Reb71qe3pm6o1_500.gif
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You know there's something to be said about a topic when you read it and you think

Holy flip, I forgot to take my pills today....

I don't know what it says about the topic, but it's something
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    You know there's something to be said about a topic when you read it and you think

Holy *kitten*, I forgot to take my pills today....

I don't know what it says about the topic, but it's something

Mine aren't quite as colorful. :glasses:
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I do not gladly suffer fools. But I must ask myself, why does someone appear foolish? Are they coming by English as a second language, do they have a learning disability? Are they just generally clueless about fitness but approaching with a sound motive? Diplomacy and encouragement is called for in such situations.

There are certain fools however who persist in their foolishness. I find it certainly acceptable for frank conversation in such cases.

Cultists: Cleanses, paleo, etc. These individuals may require deprogramming. But that's an art lost on:

Average Snarker: the majority of MFP. In this category: memes and gifs, passing slights, sarcasm, cliches, recycled jokes, lowbrow bathroom humor. Most threads are no more than the aggregation of everyone's two cents worth of snark. Doesn't necessarily qualify as bullying unless one target is repeatedly picked out. Rather it's a pastiche, a farce of the commons. Amusing/offensive in the way that one finds Jerry Springer or a reality TV program amusing.

Hypersensitives: Players of victim cards without adequate justification.

People who want to gave a legitimate fitness discussion: Small group.

The trolls I divide into deliberate arsonists and the satirists/ironists. The former have no value; the latter some.

Peace,
    -G.e.C
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I do not gladly suffer fools. But I must ask myself, why does someone appear foolish? Are they coming by English as a second language, do they have a learning disability? Are they just generally clueless about fitness but approaching with a sound motive? Diplomacy and encouragement is called for in such situations.

There are certain fools however who persist in their foolishness. I find it certainly acceptable for frank conversation in such cases.

Cultists: Cleanses, paleo, etc. These individuals may require deprogramming. But that's an art lost on:

Average Snarker: the majority of MFP. In this category: memes and gifs, passing slights, sarcasm, cliches, recycled jokes, lowbrow bathroom humor. Most threads are no more than the aggregation of everyone's two cents worth of snark. Doesn't necessarily qualify as bullying unless one target is repeatedly picked out. Rather it's a pastiche, a farce of the commons. Amusing/offensive in the way that one finds Jerry Springer or a reality TV program amusing.

The trolls I divide into deliberate arsonists and the satirists/ironists. The former have no value; the latter some.

Peace,
    -G.e.C

If brevity is the soul of wit...
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Peace,
    -G.e.C

Pass.
    Would not bang.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I should have read past "Blunt" in the thread title. Not as expected...

Same thing happened to me... much dissapoint. :smokin:
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    rainbowhorsefarts.gif
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    I should have read past "Blunt" in the thread title. Not as expected...

Same thing happened to me... much dissapoint. :smokin:

Glad I'm not the only one, but I must say that this thread has been quite interesting.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    rainbowhorsefarts.gif

i'm mesmerized by this gif.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    But being butthurt burns calories. At least that's why I'm guessing from the amount I find on here.

If that were true - 2 things would happen. I'd be pissed because I'm not burning those calories as I was not born with the butthurt gene and there would be a lot of hyper sensitive skinny people walking around. Just sayn'