Beachbody programs

Options

Replies

• una2282
    una2282 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Una, what are your goals and stats?

Right now i am wanting to tone up. I don't really have weight to lose persay, but mainly have problem areas that need to be toned. I am keeping my calorie intake between 1200-1400. I guess my plan is to tighten things up. :)
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    They have been great for me, because working out at home fits my lifestyle - going to the gym is just not an option.

I agree about Shakeology - I have tried it and wouldn't buy it a second time.

For the workouts, I have done ChaLEAN Extreme, Insanity, T25, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and PiYo. I found the greatest changes to the shape of my body from ChaLEAN Extreme (particularly after the Lean cycle) and I continue to use it for strength training. I love Turbo Fire, it's fun and a great cardio workout. T25 is excellent as well, and it's really nice to be done in 25 minutes - and be left sweating like crazy. I also really liked Insanity and constantly pushed myself to keep up. I didn't love it, though. Liked a lot, didn't love. PiYo is ok and there's a lot to like about it but I am so used to T25 and Turbo Fire that I find it a bit boring. But, I keep reminding myself that a flexible me is a stronger me. I'm going to do a hybrid with TF and Piyo to balance things out.

I think that overall, diet is of course the most essential part when you are trying to lose weight. Exercise is the key to fitness and having your body really look good and be able to do more, IMO.

FWIW, I lost over 70 pounds using MFP and the Beachbody programs and have kept it off (1 year to come off, kept off for 2.5 years so far).

Best to you, regardless of which program you decide to try out.
  • una2282
    Options
    Yes they work (I AM NOT A COACH)....I've done several rounds of P90x (and P90x plus) years ago and looked amazing....then couple of years ago starting getting lazy and eating like a monster.

I started up again on P90x (classic schedule) this April and am in my 2nd rotation of it after taking 1 week break between rounds. I have lost 15 pounds the first round, and now am finishing month 2 and lost another 11 pounds so far....I have 5 more weeks to go.

That program has a nice combination of weight resistance, cardio, yoga, plyometrics, etc. very well rounded.

I am trying to lose weight, so along with using MFP tracking a "slight" calorie deficit....its been suceessful.

Any program that has a well balanced combo of weights / cardio / stretching or yoga, along with a slight calorie deficit will get the job done. Its just what you prefer to keep you motivated.

Karen
    PS: the only supplement I use is Whey Protein powder and protein bars at my local Sam's or Walmart. I do this because I'm trying to hit certain macro ratios and it helps with the protein totals.

PSS: my next program after this one is going to be Cathe Freidricks XTRAIN program.

I don't have a very strong upper body, do you think that i could still do P90x?
  • karenj_m
    Options
    [/quote]

You will after you're done :)

They use a chair for pullups to assist, or I like to use those monster bands to put a knee or two in and help me up the bar. They use dumbells (various sizes), and a yoga mat - that's it. I like lifting...personally I want to lose weight and "shape" my body and firm it up...so it does it all in one. That's why I like the program.

Cathe's XTRAIN is the only next home program that interests me, because she's using good size weights.....I could never do running or cardio every day....its just not for me.

You have to do what works for keeping your interest along with challenging you. Everyone is different.
  • cheerbear1977
    Options
    Said very well!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss with Turbo Jam.....and fell in love. It is fun and kept me going! I enjoyed my workout. I purchased the TurboFire series and that really kicked it up a notch. I also tried INSANITY....EFF THAT! I love my knees and Insanity did not.

I think like anything else ... you have to find what works for you!

Good luck!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    you can always try p90x3 its only a half hr long I havent tried it but know people who have. there is also a p90x2
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    had to edit this since I forgot to add the quotes from the person I was replying to
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    1200 calories is not enough calories for someone who is very active or workouts out all the time.

I did the 21 day fix and lost 21lbs in 21 days without shakeology. I decided against the shakes because I figure that if I stopped drinking them I would go back to the way I was, I'm not into supplements. But the workout's on the 21 day fix hit all parts I didn't get toned because I have over 100lbs to lose but they do work however if you go from eating anything you want to a 1200cal diet and start moving your bound to lose weight ;)
  • MYRABUTLER89
    Options
    I have a beachbody coach, and while I really do love her... she finally got me to get Shakeology. I haven't tried it yet but Im starting it with the 21 day fix program on Monday. Ill post on here how it goes. I really don't have that much money to be spending on that shake every month. Costs way too much.
  • RunnerStephe
    Options
    I hear their workout programs are alright. But don't fall for shakeology. Useless product.

Yes coaches, I called your precious shakes useless. Begin your whining and bad sales pitches now.

How ignorant!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Una, what are your goals and stats?

Right now i am wanting to tone up. I don't really have weight to lose persay, but mainly have problem areas that need to be toned. I am keeping my calorie intake between 1200-1400. I guess my plan is to tighten things up. :)
    Well if you don't have much to lose 1200 to 1400 while doing one of these workouts won't be enough. If you are already at a normal weight and you mentioned you are rather week, I would probably suggest body beast. It will be the best program for increase strength. And if you are in a deficit, outside of a few lbs of noob gains, you won't gain any mass.

But it will depend on how much equipment you have. So lets start there?

I will note, CLX and P90X are great beginner programs too that don't need a lot of equipment. For body beast you would need at least a reinforced medicine ball and dumbbells (i use the selecttechs)
  • gabrielethomson
    Options
    I have done P90 and P90X. I found that they both toned the body and I became stronger. I enjoy the variety of P90X. The program can be modified for beginners use or very experienced exercisers.

I did not use a coach or the products.

Good luck,
    Gabriele
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am a beach body freak. BUT i dont take shakeology or the supplements. I follow my own diet. A few years ago i started P90X , insanity, turbofire, chalean extreme, and a bunch more of the programs. When I started them I was 340 pounds. I got down to 179 pounds and lost over 60 inches with watching what i ate and these programs. After a few tragedy's in my life I quit all of this and gained some weight back. Now that i am healing from the tragedy's, I will be using the programs again this winter.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did the Brazil Butt Lift program for 2 weeks when my bf asked me, "Have you been doing butt exercises!?". lol. So, I guess that means it worked! lol. Its fun, and less extreme than other programs but still a good workout.

I also tried doing the Insanity program, which I loved it, but it was hard to do everyday. I could never keep on its schedule. Really hardcore workout, it really wipes you out! I also love Shaun T, he is great!
  • una2282
    Options

You will after you're done :)

They use a chair for pullups to assist, or I like to use those monster bands to put a knee or two in and help me up the bar. They use dumbells (various sizes), and a yoga mat - that's it. I like lifting...personally I want to lose weight and "shape" my body and firm it up...so it does it all in one. That's why I like the program.

Cathe's XTRAIN is the only next home program that interests me, because she's using good size weights.....I could never do running or cardio every day....its just not for me.

You have to do what works for keeping your interest along with challenging you. Everyone is different.
    [/quote]

Love what you said here! I noticed that they use the chair to help out, I may have to try. My husband has the pull up bar and he has no problems using it. Me on the other hand look pretty ridiculous on it. heh
  • una2282
    Options
    I have a beachbody coach, and while I really do love her... she finally got me to get Shakeology. I haven't tried it yet but Im starting it with the 21 day fix program on Monday. Ill post on here how it goes. I really don't have that much money to be spending on that shake every month. Costs way too much.

That was my concern with it, there are other supplements that cost less and seem to be just as good. I also don't really trust anyone who tells me that unless i get their stuff i won't do what i want to do. silly people!
  • una2282
    Options
    I started my weight loss with Turbo Jam.....and fell in love. It is fun and kept me going! I enjoyed my workout. I purchased the TurboFire series and that really kicked it up a notch. I also tried INSANITY....EFF THAT! I love my knees and Insanity did not.

I think like anything else ... you have to find what works for you!

Good luck!!!

I totally agree with you on insanity! My knees were not happy with it at all!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I really love Beachbody programs. They got me to where I am today. I've completed 2 rounds of P90X, 1 round of P90, 1 round of T25, 1 round of Body Beast and 1 round of P90X3. I've tried PiYo and 21 Day Fix and wasn't a huge fan. I am currently doing a hybird of X3 and Body Beast. I don't do supplements or the shake (yuck). The programs work if YOU put the work in.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use turbo fire and chalean extreme because I enjoy them. I've noticed a huge change in my body, too, but I just enjoy the programs. I like combat as well. t25 I like now, I didn't before. Still hate p90x. Just find exercise you like.