Anyone in Texas that's tried My Fit Foods?

Options
I say Texas because it has the most locations, although there are some in a few other states. I came across this and was wondering if anyone has tried it, and whether they found it useful. The meals look pretty good and while expensive, don't cost a whole lot more than a trip through the McD's drive thru. I want to at least use them for my lunches because those are the meals I have the worst time with. If I didn't have time/was too tired to cook and am out of crockpot freezer meals, I eat out and even "better" choices are higher in calories and sodium and carbs than is good. Any opinions about My Fit Foods would be welcome. Thanks!

Replies

• nikixoxo
    nikixoxo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have! The foods mostly taste good but are pretty pricey for what they give you. You have to get out of the mentality of getting the most bang for your buck with them, because the portions are tiiiiny. But, their meals are very healthy, preservative free, and if you follow their ideal regimen (eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day with plenty of water) you won't feel hungry.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I prefer Los Pollos Hermanos.

The finest ingredients are brought together with love and care, then slow cooked for perfection. Yes, the old ways are still best at Los Pollos Hermanos. But don't take my word for it. One taste and you'll know.

:D
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm in California and I started using Fit Foods last week. I just use it to supplement, not doing the 'plan'. I work in production so eating right is difficult, we are surrounded by unhealthy snacks and sometimes it's difficult to go out and grab a healthy lunch. Overall I have been satisfied with the lunches I've picked up from MFF. I have found that everything seems to be over spiced, especially the beef selections. I usually add a bit of greek yogurt to things like the chili and some of the beef dishes. The chicken dishes have been good. I have only tried one breakfast dish and that was because it was buy 2 meals, get a breakfast free. Compared to buying lunch out everyday, MFF is cheaper. I haven't had any issues with being hungry in between meals.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've tried them before and most are pretty tasty. They have a good variety which is nice. When I get them I mostly use them for a quick lunch that's easy to take to work. They have 3 sizes of meals so you can pick which one fits best into your calories for the day. I usually get the medium sized one since lunch is almost always my biggest meal of the day. The meals aren't meant to be low calorie. They're meant to be "clean eats" with a balanced macro ratio.

Just my two cents but breakfasts aren't worth getting from MFF. It's just as easy to make some oatmeal or scramble some eggs yourself and much much less expensive. Also, keep the containers and use them later. They are perfect to put your leftovers in.

I don't know where you are in TX but you can also try Simply Fit Meals. I know they are in the Dallas area. Same concept as MFF and just as good. I've been known to go back and forth between the two for variety.

Bottom line.....it's worth a try.