Gained 3 lbs!!!!

Options
So I've been working my butt off for 10 days now. In the first couple days I lost 3 lbs right off the bat. Then I weigh in today and its already back! Feeling discouraged and not sure what to make of all this.

Replies

• violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    could be sodium, TOM if your female, either will come back off.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Relax. Eat at a deficit and the weight will eventually come off. Weight fluctuations are very normal...
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Change n activity level can trigger temporary water retention. Give your body time to adjust.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Why do people on MFP wanting advice NEVER have open diaries?
  • karllhughes
    karllhughes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Change n activity level can trigger temporary water retention. Give your body time to adjust.

Yep. My bodyweight fluctuates by 7-8 pounds every week just due to hydration. Don't worry about one weigh-in vs. the next, but rather take the average of several days to be your "true" weight. Three pounds here and there is just water weight.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why do people on MFP wanting advice NEVER have open diaries?

Good question. I mean, you and I are setting good examples by having open diaries, right?

Right???
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good question. I mean, you and I are setting good examples by having open diaries, right?

Right???
    But I'm not asking for advice, Johnny Depp. And my diary IS open - to my friends.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Well ten days isn't a lot of time to expect results. My weight fluctuates five pounds either way, it's not a big deal and caused by many factors.
    Get a food scale if you don't have one already.
    Weigh and measure every single thing you consume, and log it accurately to be sure your actually eating at a deficit.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Right???

But I'm not asking for advice, Johnny Depp. And my diary IS open - to my friends.

Ah, so it's the asking for advice part that makes an open diary useful.

Got it...uh....Family Guy character.

(Personally, I've never understood people without actual pictures of themselves in their profile pics making comments about real profile pics...

...but that's probably just me.)
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Right???

Johnny Depp??

IKR?

Jof is much better looking that Johnny Depp, who is well on the road to having a leathery face.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Right???

Johnny Depp??

IKR?

Jof is much better looking that Johnny Depp, who is well on the road to having a leathery face.

575px-Oh_stop_it_you.png
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Right???

Ah, so it's the asking for advice part that makes an open diary useful.

Got it...uh....Family Guy character.

(Personally, I've never understood people without actual pictures of themselves in their profile pics making comments about real profile pics...

...but that's probably just me.)

HA!
  • SmartForAGirl
    SmartForAGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One of the best pieces of advice I saw on here when I first started was someone saying weight loss isn't linear. That was a breakthrough idea for me because, whenever I tried to lose weight before, I expect constant loss and quit when I didn't see it. I wish my weight loss chart would look like a solid slope down from my starting weight but there are bumps where things got off track for a moment. Know that this will be a journey with ups and downs and know that you CAN reach your weight goal even if there are some interruptions. Keep doing it and it will work.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Jof is much better looking that Johnny Depp

Agreed
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Right???

Johnny Depp??

IKR?

575px-Oh_stop_it_you.png

You're_adorable.gif

In for making Jof blush.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

Right???

Johnny Depp??

IKR?

575px-Oh_stop_it_you.png

You're_adorable.gif

In for making Jof blush.
    Samesies

mmde1k.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Is this where the Jof fan club is holding the meeting tonight?

Sorry I'm late guys!!!