Looking to make some friends that are on MFP a lot

Options
Hi,
My name is Heidi and this time around I have been on MFP about a week now. I love being very active here, on the message board and on my friends pages and my own page! I am looking for friends who are also very active! I already have a few friends like this but could use bunches more because for as much as I am on here, I often have already read what's on my feed and have to keep refreshing the page for something new. Maybe I'm a bit of a loser? LOL It keeps me entertained and excited about losing weight, and helps distract me from eating junk food! Lol. Anyway, here's a little about me incase you want to know!

I am 24 years old. A lot of my activity comes from chasing around a 2 (going on 12) year old that I watch most days of the week. For awhile, she was the only thing keeping me from being a complete couch potato (even though I still am most of the time lol). I have an injury that prevents me from doing a lot of strength training and a lot of other exercises. I am also extremely out of shape but I am trying to fix that by slowly adding exercise. I eat "normal" food. I don't have a lot of money due to my injury - I'm not currently working. I am trying to eat a lot healthier, but I don't think there's anything wrong with burger and fries sometimes as long as I keep it under control. I try to eat a lot of vegetables. One of my favorite things to eat is string beans with apple cider vinegar.

I have a lot of weight to lose. I have been severely overweight almost my entire life. I don't remember being under 230 pounds. I believe it was 10 years ago when I was 230 pounds, I reached it via diet and extreme exercise. I can't go "extreme" this time, and I don't want to diet. I am changing myself for life. I have other health problems too (extremely high cholesterol, and non - alcoholic fatty liver disease are the most serious) that directly relate to my weight. I NEED to change or I don't think I will be here another 24 years.

If you would like to be friends, please send me a request. I don't care if you have a lot to lose, a little, are concentrating on gaining or maintaining. I will support you and hope you will support me on my journey too!

Thanks!
-Heidi

Replies

• hoovified
    hoovified Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    P.S. Sorry this is so long. Another thing about me is I tend to talk a lot! Lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I get on MFP daily. Although I lost my streak once. I plan to never lose it again.
  • hoovified
    Options
    Thanks! I sent you a request! :)
  • WillDidIt
    Options
    Just became a MFP member yesterday but enjoy it so far any friend request are welcome as I would enjoy friends on here trying for the same purpose as me.
  • hoovified
    Options
    Thanks! I accepted yours too :)
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am like you obsessed with being on MFP hahah, refreshing the page, replying to the message boards and to my friends pages, I have become obsessed with losing this weight I have 135 pounds or so to go. Loving my new lifestyle change though WE CAN ROCK THIS!
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I check in daily and am on the boards every other day probably. It helps me to stay motivated as well. Send me a request! Or I'll find you too! You have made a great first step and you are being realistic which is very smart. Take small steps and make small changes, they will add up to big ones over the long haul. It's about creating better habits for yourself. Good job doing it at a young age. I am in my thirties making changes and I'm doing well with the help of MFP, though I wish I had made the changes sooner in my life. Let's do this!!!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm on here a lot and have a lot left to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • Fitdoge
    Fitdoge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm active every day (sometimes I fall into a rut and disappear for a few days though, but that's becoming less and less often.) I would LOVE to have more friends on here. I weigh 260 and I have been overweight a large portion of my life as well. I also have an older brother and sister - and if you don't mind my saying, I think you look VERY pretty in your profile picture!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm crazy active here. I used to post to 10-20 threads a day. Nowadays I'm trying to shift to posting directly to people on my friends list. I eat normal food. I drink. I go over on my calories some days, but I accurately log my food 5-7 days a week (with a food scale). I do my best to estimate on the weekends.
  • beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here, again. and would love some friends!
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi !!!My name is Lisa,I'm trying to lose my last 26 pounds and I'm on daily. We can do this !!! :::smile:
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am on MFP every day. I let 25 pounds do a stealth attack on my body over several years by my refusal to get on a scale, I only have a few more stubborn pounds to lose, but I will stay on just make certain I never find those pounds again. So if you wish you can add me as a friend.
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm on here every day. Add me if you like! :-)
  • roliph96
    Options
    I agree cookeylady. I joined MFP 10 days ago and I too have become obcessed with it. It helps me a lot to track my caloric intake. I started a lifestyle cgange about 5 or 6 weeks ago and have managed to drop about 13 pounds. I could sure use some MFP friends for moral support and for tip trading.
  • Ingy57
    Options
    Hi everyone, I logged into this account ages ago and then let it slip. Back on track again now for the last 4 days. I'm looking to lose 35 kilos or 77 lbs in total so I have a lot to lose as you can see!

As further motivation I would love to meet some friends on here in a similar situation but also some Australian users as our food seems to be slightly different to US users and I don't always know what they are? This would greatly help me when looking at food diaries to get some new ideas of what to eat and the amounts etc.

I'm currently following the principal of 5:2 diet which is eating fairly normal for 5 days of the week and then on the other 2 cutting your calories to 500 for the day to shock the body. I have found this reasonable to do and stops anything being forbidden.

I am of course still being aware of sugar and fats as I have type 2 diabetes and would like to get off medication and look after myself through good eating and a healthy lifestyle.

So come on fellow Aussies, let me share your diary if you don't mind, and of course I welcome everyone for support!

cheers
  • DanielleRa96
    Options
    im not trying to bother but can you guys help me please http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1445679-i-eat-apron-1200-calories-without-trying-advice-please PLUS You can learn how to eat 1200 calories haha :) you can learn stuff form me THERE TOO HAAH :)
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Any and all please feel free to add me. I am no longer a woman is on a diet and trying to lose weigh. I am now a woman who has changed my attitude and am changing my life. I still have 78 pounds to lose but it is about so much than that now. I a on every day and communicating with friends everyday,
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    lost 15 lbs so far but i have 70 more to lose.. im here almost every single day when my work schedule allows it... im here for support and motivation soo feel free to add me,,,,