Carbs per day?

Options
rh091
rh091 Posts: 100 Member
How many grams of Carbs should I be consuming per day? I'm having a hard time navigating through online information. I am a 22 year old female, weight is 238 and my height is 5'5. I work out on average at least three times a week (mostly cardio). How important is the amount of carbs you are consuming to weight loss?

Replies

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Depends,

If you want to eat low carb and have more protein and fat, so you're not hungry all the time and beat the cravings etc you could keep your intake fairly low (I eat less than 20g a day).

But,

If you're one of the "all that matters is calories in v calories out" crowd, and prefer to eat high carb low fat (lots of sugar in your diet) then it doesn't really matter.

Personal preference, depending on what you're trying to achieve. But I'd say if you're not aiming for low carb, then just stay under your calories and don't worry about it.
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to have a low carb diet. I'm concerned about calories in vs. calories out to create the needed deficit but I also want to work on a proper balance of macros and eat quality food.
  • desidieter
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 27, and CW is 172 lbs. I have my macros set to: 40% carbs (which translates to 160 g/day), 30% fats, 30% protein, and this seems to work fine for me.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Depends -- on a planned basis I will go all the way up to 1120g