workout time of day

Options
I generally work out after I teach, so, late afternoon or dinner time/ early eve. I wish I could make myself get up and out in the wee hours of the morning but I can set the best of intentions and, when the alarm goes off, I just hit snooze. Especially when it's chilly here in New England!

Any success stories with this?

Thank you!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I'm just not a morning person to begin with and usually have a tight schedule in mornings. It's just easier for me to go to gym after work, in evenings.
    Every time I intend to go in the morning, it has never worked for me. So I've just came to accept that I go in the evenings and will probably never make it there at 6am!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried and tried the whole morning work out thing. It really wasn't for me (I was grumpy, hungry and tired all day long). I just find that working out after the kids go to bed (generally by 8) works so much better for me
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't have the willpower to work out in the morning with it all chilly (which it's been super cold in the mornings!), so I usually work out after 5pm. A few days, I may even not get on the treadmill till 9:30 at night. :tongue: I figure there's nothing wrong with waiting if you're actually going to make time for it.
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i find working out int he morning really limits me for time. so evening is best.. work up an apetite ^.^