Dr. visit today...

Options
Well, the Doctor visit went well. Yes I was nervous since I had not been since losing weight. By their records I have lost 98 lbs, my pulse has dropped around 20 bpm, my blood pressure is down some, and my blood sugar has dropped 16 points and is now in the 80's. Also I get to try cutting my blood pressure meds by half and see how it goes. Overall a great visit. To me this is a big success since I can't remember the last time I went and did not get harped on about weight or something.

Replies

• Jayma375
    Jayma375 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I need these kinds of successes to make the journey each day easier. At my doctor's visit last week he told me I was a model patient based on my MFP entries and weight loss. Yes, he does look at my diary!!
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What an awesome doc visit...congratulations on your weight loss, amazing accomplishment!
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news! Here's hoping you will be drug free in no time.
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    High five! Congratulations!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    your pulse is 20??? Holy mackerel.
  • HarrietByron88
    HarrietByron88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Try reading the original post again....

OP congrats and keep up the great work!
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    great, great great- thanks for sharing, very inspirational!
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well done on the results of your dedication and effort! I love reading posts like this, where the weight lost means not just a better looking body but overcoming poor health and going off medication. Yahoo!
  • blueridgeloner
    blueridgeloner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the congrats. It has been a tough road so far, and I'm sure it will continue to be. I had to post this since I have read so many like it that have helped me along the way. Maybe soon I can post up hitting that BIG 100 lost milestone.
  • momaureen
    momaureen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. It's inspirational to see hard work pay off.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

:) you almost read that correctly

also congrats to the OP
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Well, the Doctor visit went well. Yes I was nervous since I had not been since losing weight. By their records I have lost 98 lbs, my pulse has dropped around 20 bpm, my blood pressure is down some, and my blood sugar has dropped 16 points and is now in the 80's. Also I get to try cutting my blood pressure meds by half and see how it goes. Overall a great visit. To me this is a big success since I can't remember the last time I went and did not get harped on about weight or something.

This ^ is what it's all about!
    Great job!
  • jbse26
    jbse26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Excellent results,thanks for sharing them. It is the sort of thing I am aiming for and just what i needed to read today as i have a shoulder op coming up and was not looking forward to the lectures about needing to lose weight when that is what i am already doing!:embarassed:
  • jharwell58
    jharwell58 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!!!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Literally.

Thanks for the incentive. Lowering BP is my goal too and I am finally seeing some results.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I bet they were amazed :)
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling. Cutting BP meds in half is massive. Good luck :)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I'm hoping my cholesterol numbers will be better next time myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!