Bad cravings

Options
I have had a lot of water tonight, hit my protein, had a sweet treat, my hands have been busy crocheting but I am really really having bad cravings tonight HELP!!!

Replies

• myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    eat mustard and hot sauce. As much as you want. No sweets.
  • fannybee
    fannybee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    try to not burst your calorie goal. but if it's too hard tryto aim for low calorie stuff . or just get yourself busy. try not to binge. the guilt after will be horrible.
  • Yes, I do have bad cravings for salty and sweet snacks. It is so weird because I lost my ability to taste and smell anything.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, you've eaten 1332 calories today out of a possible 2156. Maybe you are simply hungry and need to eat something else?

ETA - you have eaten 5000 calories less in the past 7 days on top of the deficit you told MFP you wanted... that is a HIGH deficit. Don't make this too hard by trying to eat too little. If you do, you set yourself up to binge, then feel guilty and then give up. Listen to your body and feed it. Aim for the number MFP tells you - it's not necessarily better to go as low as possible.
  • MamaparkerParkermparker
    Options
    Been there but hang in there. A few things I have tried: Go for a walk, do some squats, look at silly videos on YouTube, clean the bathroom, eat some carrot sticks (I really crave crunch foods) with lemon and hot sauce. Good luck!
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    protect your progress! I love the hot sauce solution, I may have to use that someday to protect my own progress!
  • slynn1023
    Options
    I like to keep the 90 calorie chewy granola bars in my kitchen cabinet. When I feel the strong urge to snack, I grab one of those and pick at it slowly. Keeps my mind busy without completely over-doing it. Also, I found that pomegranates help too. I dont like to eat the kernel inside the juicy seed, so i just eat the meat around it. Takes a lot of time to eat a handful of them. :smile:

Also to add: I heard brushing your teeth helps curve cravings. It's a hit or miss thing for me, sometimes it helps sometimes not. But chewing gum is a great help. On the days I'm having a really hard time, I get on here (or anywhere on the internet really) and read success stories or tips from other members. Half the time I get so wrapped up in reading that I forget I wanted to snack in the first place..... Actually this is precisely what brought me here tonight. lol

69589407.png
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, you've eaten 1332 calories today out of a possible 2156. Maybe you are simply hungry and need to eat something else?

ETA - you have eaten 5000 calories less in the past 7 days on top of the deficit you told MFP you wanted... that is a HIGH deficit. Don't make this too hard by trying to eat too little. If you do, you set yourself up to binge, then feel guilty and then give up. Listen to your body and feed it. Aim for the number MFP tells you - it's not necessarily better to go as low as possible.

This man speaks the truth.

Go for a brisk walk around the block and have something to eat :)
  • bobrobyn
    Options
    Sorry your having bad cravings tonight. I get them too. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I took the advice of the two that read my diary and decided I was hungry. I ate some additional calories :) I feel better thanks for the support.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I took the advice of the two that read my diary and decided I was hungry. I ate some additional calories :) I feel better thanks for the support.

Good ;-) And don't worry - this won't hurt your progress. I understand the urge to cut as much and lose it as fast as possible, but that isn't necessarily the best in the long run. Slow and steady and SUSTAINABLE wins this race! Good luck!