Anyone have weird not-hungry days?

Options
I ate my usual breakfast and a tiny snack, and then the day just kind of got a bit stressful. Now it's 5 pm and I'm still not hungry. After a few work things settle down, at least it means I can have a nice full dinner. But it feels really odd to not be hungry - does this happen to anyone else when they feel stressed?

Replies

• Whalers81
    Whalers81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not from stress, but I do have days where I am just so busy that food and eating doesn't even cross my mind until very late in the day. But even then, it's not a hungry feeling - more like, "Hmmm... I haven't eaten anything all day... maybe I should."
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not from stress, but I do have days where I am just so busy that food and eating doesn't even cross my mind until very late in the day. But even then, it's not a hungry feeling - more like, "Hmmm... I haven't eaten anything all day... maybe I should."

Same here.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have this problem in the mornings. I have a hard time eating in the morning. I don't eat late at night either so I'm not sure what's going on but I'm usually not hungry until around 1:00 in the afternoon. I still usually grab a piece of fruit though just to keep the metabolism going.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    No.. I wish though LOL
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yup. I have days where I'm more hungry and days where I'm less hungry.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Never...I wake up hungry, and never miss a meal. Kinda wish I could relate though.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile. I think it only happens when I'm super busy
  • honey_tequila
    honey_tequila Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's not so much that I'm not hungry but I'm too busy to notice. Love it when that happens :)
  • slynn1023
    Options
    This happens when I have busy days. Being diabetic I HAVE to eat, which can become a hassle sometimes when it comes to staying under my calories. (i.e. if my sugar drops then I have to eat something to bring it up, not because I'm hungry). I also have to stay on a schedule, which means eating about the same time every day, so when I first started I actually set alarms on my phone to go off at lunch and dinner time.

69589407.png
  • slynn1023
    Options
    It's not so much that I'm not hungry but I'm too busy to notice. Love it when that happens :)

yes it's nice to stay busy and not constantly be focused on when I can eat next. lol
  • cindijelly
    cindijelly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, its usually because my hemorrhoids have flared up. A side effect of this is no appetite. I usually can tell when I have gone 6 hours without eating and go food shopping. And have no hunger pangs in the store....
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I feel like that for the first few hours after I wake up. I have never been able to eat in the mornings because I feel nauseated. My mom and sister are the same way, so it must be a family thing.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I find my hunger goes through cycles, and I just work with them. If I'm genuinely hungry, I eat. I just try to pick high volume low calorie foods if I can. If I have a few days where I'm having low hunger, it typically balances out calorically by the end of the week haha
  • TestingFun01
    TestingFun01 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    All the time. I'm not hungry when I fast. :wink: I'm more hungry if I eat 5 times a day than 1 big meal. Also, I get them when I have the stomach flu. :laugh: