How many kg/pounds should loose per week?

Options
Hi guys,
I'm in MFP since June, and from June to September I've lost 12 kgs.
I know that at the beginning is easier to loose weigh etc.
At the same time I'm going to gym 4 times per week in order to have my muscles toned up.
Is it true that is better to lost not more than 0.5Kg/1 pound per week, in order to avoid the loose skin?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    A good rate of loss depends how much weight you have to lose. This is a good guide:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

Keeping weight loss to a moderate rate helps ensure the majority of weight loss comes from fat and not muscle, which helps to result in a leaner body (decreased BF%).
  • manshusgr
    manshusgr Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am losing 0.3 to 0.5kg every day or two. .to be honest , I dont feel tired and find it more motivating.lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    A good rate of loss depends how much weight you have to lose. This is a good guide:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

Keeping weight loss to a moderate rate helps ensure the majority of weight loss comes from fat and not muscle, which helps to result in a leaner body (decreased BF%).

Yup.

Your body can only burn a certain amount of fat per day, and that amount depends on how much you have in reserves. If you're morbidly obese you can lose faster than if you've got 5 or 10 lbs to lose.
  • Zuzi80
    Zuzi80 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok,
    that make sense, I'd like to loose around 15-20kg 33-44Lbs, so I should look at 1.5lbs per week.

Anyway that is good and affordable for me, since I've been loosing around 2.2lbs per week.

thanks all
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    LOSE. not. loose.

i am busy losing my loose fat at over 1kg/ 2.2 pounds per week.

see what i did there for your benefit?