389 lbs, no more hiding!

Options
2»

Replies

• kcaitbpaitw
    kcaitbpaitw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are motivated and on the right track. I can totally relate. In the beginning I often joked with people that my goal was to move from being morbidly obese to obese (it wasn't really a joke)...now I face the final 40-50 pounds I need to lose; then there will be tuning things for another year and a lifetime of "watching it." I know you will make it!

73641431.png

I actually just went from morbid obese to obese this past week, and I can assure you, you were not alone in having that be an actual goal :) It feels silly to say to "normal" people who wouldn't understand, but there is a sense of comfort in knowing that now I'm just really fat, but not so fat that I am on the verge of death. Cheers
  • JennInTx
    JennInTx Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Keep up the great work! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good for you! Keep up the great work. Feel free to add me. I still have a ways to go but log in daily and have lost 101 lbs so far.

Keep consistent!
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring. I know this is cliche, but keep at it! You can add me if you'd like!
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    hi!
    i can relate to what you said.
    i am currently around 295, my highest was 306.
    i rarely look in a mirror, when i do, i'm so surprised i'm as big as i am.
    it's weird - like i can almost ignore my size at times.

anyway - i really want to be healthy.
    i don't care as much about the being smaller thing, although that's a fantastic bonus!
    but lately i've been soooo worried about my health (as in a heart attack - and i'm 39!) and i hate having that worry.

i want to feel, and be, healthy and full of energy!

feel free to add me!
  • lovemycar2012
    lovemycar2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!:smile:
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I started at 297 when I finally weighed in in June, and I'm now at ~272 and hoping to be below 270 when I weigh in on Monday. I still have 130 pounds to lose to reach my ideal goal weight, but I'm not giving up.

Be proud of yourself and don't let anyone get you down. Do this for YOURSELF first. You are most important, and you can do it! :)
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many positive changes! Kudos to you!

I've restarted recently and can always use new friends. By all means add me. We can support one another in this endeavour! :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me but please note that i only accept those that offer mutual support too. I am not a fan of the like button.

I wish you good luck with:smile: your journey and i am sure you will do this
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Great mindset. Congrats on your progress on your WOE. Keep it up!
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss so far!! Good luck for the journey :flowerforyou:
  • Neritel
    Neritel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • MsGaladrial
    Options
    Congratulations on your strength and bravery! It is really hard to feel good about participating in..well...life, when really overweight. I have 140# to lose and right now it seems a daunting task. However, I've taken the advice of so many lovely people on MFP and set small realistic goals. I'm also trying to change that conversation in my head that says I HAVE to lose "X" amount of weight by "this" time. It took longer than 6 months to get this way and it will take longer than 6 months to get it off, but I'm okay with that. I'd like to be your buddy on this journey, so please feel free to friend me. Thank you for your inspiring post and ROCK ON!!
  • LadyDiLikesPie
    LadyDiLikesPie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You have already shown the courage to make a great start and that shows you will be able to keep going. Good Luck on your journey!