Eating back Breast Feeding Cals??

Options
I know its important to eat back your exercise calories you burn, but what about breast feeding calories? Its 500 cals a day you supposedly burn creating breast milk, but are they as important to eat back as the exercise calories?

Replies

• StaceyJ75
    Options
    I don't always eat back all of my exercise calories, but I ALWAYS eat my breastfeeding calories. You body needs between 300 and 500 calories a day to feed your baby. If your base amount is set at 1200, reset that amount in your mind to INCLUDE the breastfeeding calories. I eat between 1500 and 1700 calories a day (base 1200, exercise about 300-500). So basically, I'm eating my breastfeeding calories but not all of my exercise calories. I'm still losing at an average of 3 lbs a week.
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And there is under the food section a "breastfeeding mom" category that adds back 500 cals to your daily.
  • haelimae
    haelimae Posts: 1
    Options
    I couldn't find "breastfeeding mom" under FOOD... any ideas? I have lost all my baby weight plus some but I am training for a 1/2 marathon. I want to be safe with my calorie intake so I will have enough to sustain myself under my excersise load and more importantly continue to produce for my 6 month old who is still breast feeding.