I need your advices please

Options
Hey people, how are you doing ?
My name is Laith, I'm from Iraq. I was looking online for fitness topics and I found you. This is my story:
When I was a child, I was very thin and don't eat enough. Later I used some supplements and appetite enhancers and I started eating more and more.
Then, weight gain is the problem. I was 95kg (209 lb) when I was 17 years old. Then I visited a dietitian to control my weight and I lost weight till I became 82kg (180 lb). Then I entered the college of Pharmacy and has no time to workout. I spent most of the time sitting and reading, studying and preparing for exams for 5 years. I gained more and more weight. I heard about P90x and started it 2 years ago and I had good results for the 1st 29 days. At day 30, I had a serious spinal injury and I got healed after 6 months later. Last year I started it again but unfortunately I broke my leg when I was playing soccer, at that time I was only accomplished 20 days of the program. And finally I discovered the P90x 3 and I'm so eager to start it, no more excuses. I graduated 2 months ago and have a spare time till December. I want to make a change. My weight now is 210 lb and I started P90x-3 double schedule and today is my 4th day and hope to continue. All I need is a little motivation and tips from your great experience to help me. I need to use these 3 months to get in shape and I need your help. I'm also wondering about the right program for me. Is it the original P90X or P90X3 ? Which versin is better with faster results ? Classic, lean, double ?
I'm waiting for your response and thanks.

Replies

• COJhawk
    COJhawk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why not just stick with X3 since you started it? I would go with the Classic out to start since you are just getting back into the swing of things. It's quite challenging and you will feel accomplishment getting through the first round. Then, on your 2nd round you can decide what you need to do--double, lean, etc. I did the traditional, then lean this year. My 3rd round was a hybrid and now I'm going to do Body Beast. I love x3! Tons of variety, intense 30 minute work outs, balance/cardio/core/weights--it's got it all. Just make sure you focus on the diet hard core. I don't do the Shakeology thing-but had my own breakfast shake every day. Try and have a consistent lunch & snack planned out. (I just packed a salad with lunch meat on it or chicken, fruit/almonds for snacks, healthy dinners).

I do recall thinking about 60 days into it, "this doesn't seem to be working". You have to stick with it and look at the longer time frame here. I knew I wanted to have a lifestyle change vs. a quick fix so I wanted to start by making 2014 the year I got healthy habits into my life. My goal was three rounds of X3 and then pick a new program. What I like about X3 is they have learned a lot over the year and most if the theory behind the program is a mixture of the good stuff from X and X2. I'm a big believer in high intensity work outs in short bursts within 20-30 minutes vs. long work outs at moderate pace. Look at Dr. Mercola's website--He has a ton of science backing this up. hope this helped.