new and struggling

Options
Hi im Ruth, ive struggled with my weight since having my son 4 years ago. After having my daughter 6 months ago I have put on more weight which im struggling to shift. I started counting my calories but I have no will power at all :(

Fingers crossed I can stick to it and loose the weight by July for my brothers wedding :) My husband has also said he'll do all the housework etc for a month if I reach my goal, lol

Replies

• snugglepuss123
    Options
    hi hun i'm a newbie too good luck losing the lbs, val
  • nparker1124
    nparker1124 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've recently started trying to shed some weight myself. It is really hard to stay motivated, especially when you work so hard and the results seem so small. Its like a blow and its depressing:noway: . I try to tell myself that it all just takes time and it WILL happen.

*as a mom myself, i also like to tell myself and my husband that even if i do "Work out" one day, Im still exercising with all the things around the house that never seem to end when youre a mom. Keep at it and Im sure youll be satisfied in the end...Good luck!:drinker:
  • KimKoz
    KimKoz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me not too long ago and something inside me finally snapped.. I'm so determined now and hoping to stick with it.

Good for you, just signing up is a first step. You can use this board as support.
  • pahic
    pahic Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck! It can be a struggle after kids and I understand the no will power thing. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. Just come up with reasonable goals and give yourself small rewards along the way! This seems to be a GREAT place for encouragement!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    sorry to be a pain inn the butt how did you get your ticker on to your signature I'm drawing a blank x
  • colehook
    Options
    Hi Ruth, Welcome to MFP! I too struggled with my weight after having my kids. I keep it on + 10lbs for 4yrs. I have a very hard time with counting my calories but I find this site helps so much!!! I still struggle especially with my chocolate addiction. I find it much easier to work out.

Good luck to you! You can do it....stay positive! Having your husband do all the housework for a month....HELL YEAH!!! If you need support the people here are great. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me, looking for friends for motiviation! :flowerforyou:
  • Sallylilyrose
    Sallylilyrose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done for starting this I started this plan 10 days ago and has lost 6 lb .I had twins 3 years ago .I go swimming for hour and that gives you more cals to eat I find the wii fit good too I even put cleaning on if it was a long time .
    I hope you succeed in your plan :smile: sally
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You're husband gave you fabulous incentive! Just make sure he sticks to it when you reach your goal!:happy:
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hi,
    im not a mum or anything but know the feeling, just keep at it!
    in the future you will look back and just think-'thank god i did that!'
    i have plastered my fridge with pictures of bikini babes with my face stuck on them lol great motivation!
  • tammydspice
    Options
    HI Ruth, I am new too, this is my first time posting anything but I have been on here for about a month. This is really helping me out. I find being able to see what I eat and the calories I have burned from exercise is wonderful. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and I have had 2 kids also, put on very little during the pregnancy but after it was a steady climb. So I started Oct 9th and using MFP, exercise and food control I am 32lbs less.

Imagine how wonderful it will be to watch your hubby clean a toilet!! That would keep me motivated!! I will help you in any way I can, sometimes you just need someone outside your everyday life to be accountable to, whether it is a support group or someone on here!! A bulge buddy!!

Tam
  • marvsprincess
    Options
    Thankyou so much for all your support already :smile:

@ Sallylilyrose, i too go on the wii fit (when I get 5 min) ive also just bought 'just dance 2' for it. Talk about exhausting lol

Will defo try stick to the calories and plenty of exercise :smile:
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Welcome, you can do it and you'll gain will power with the support of all your friends on here and when you feel yourself starting to slip, sign on and post it and read what everyone has to say, it'll help for sure. I find the more friends/support I have on here the more determind I am not to fail. Feel free to add me as a firend if you like! =o)
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I was not motivated AT ALL when I logged in for the first time 5 days ago. I created my account out of curiosity, started reading the success stories here, and didn't waste another day! The people here are motivating and inspiring, the positive energy here is like nothing else I have ever felt.

These past 5 days I have stayed under my calorie goal, and I have logged exercise the last 4 days. If someone had told me a week ago that this would be me, I wouldn't have believed them.

You are worth it, and you deserve a healthier you. You can do it, and we will support you :)