number on the scale...grrr

Options
Ok, I know that when you exercise alot, sometimes the scale doesn't really reflect all you are doing. But really after 2 weeks of staying in my calorie range and working out 5-6 days a week, i expected to see more than 1 lousey pound gone!!!! Any words of wisdom out there??
By the way I am new to the site-been using this site for a while, but got more serious a few weeks ago. I am a 49 year old mom of 5 kids that are always hungry and I have been eating right along with them! But I am determined to loose 30 pounds and I need your help!
Thank you all for letting me vent!
Beth

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your doing everything right, maybe you need to do something to jump start your metabolism? Have you lost inches at all?
  • snugglepuss123
    Options
    hi beth i've just joined the site hoping to get a bit of extra support, i had a couple of weeks where i stuck to plan and put on 1/2lb i couldn't inderstand what i had done wrong so decided to count calories instead and i have realised i must have been having about 2000 cals a day instead of 1200 eeek lol, back to u only losing 1lb think of it as 2 packs of butter then it puts it into perspective it's not a bad loss at all well done and good luck losing the rest of ur lbs x
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    We have all been there but if you just stay focused on your goal you WILL get there. None of us got overweight overnight and we aren't going to get healthy overnight. Just don't let the frustration push you into giving up. The weight WILL come off, even though it really doesn't want to. Plus with only 30 pounds to lose, it will be a slower loss than I have needing to lose at least 100 pounds. Good luck and don't give up!!!!!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    How are your clothes fitting? Have you noticed them getting loose? I know when I pull on a pair of pants and they are loose, I can deal with the numbers on the scale much eaiser. That might be a better way to know what you're doing is working.
  • erin_weh
    Options
    Try not to focus on the numbers so much. How are your clothes fitting? How do you feel? The numbers on the scale are just part of the picture.
  • maryrountree1
    Options
    I hear ya! Same here...everyone tells me that since I'm over 40 it takes a bit to get the metabolism revved up. I've been lifting weights three days a week for a month in addition to watching what I eat and 3 days of intense cardio (which I always have done) and I have GAINED 3 pounds...keep at it. It's bound to come off. Maybe try working out in the mornings to jump start your metabolism for the day. If you have time throw in some additional low impact cardio in the evenings. I'm trying that to see it it helps.

M
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    Awe don't get discouraged, HEY 1 lb is 1lb.... TAKE IT! I only lost half a lb this last week, after having two wonderful weeks. All I can say is take measurements also, along with that scale and DO NOT weigh in every day. Weigh in once a week, at the same time. The same with measurements do it once a week. Go by how you feel also and the way your clothes fit. I have had weeks I have actually gained a 1 to 2 lbs back, if I change my routine drastically, because I am building more muscle. And you know with us women, we also have days of excess water retention, which is EXTREMELY annoying!

Don't give up/in.....You can do this :happy:
  • slllkja
    slllkja Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great!!! Always remember that the quicker the weight comes off, the quicker it comes back!!! I learned that years ago, when I was doing weight watchers. If you only lost 1 pound after all that, then chances are that 1 pound will not come back - Keep up the good work, and just feel good about what you have accomplished!!

Linda
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    What are you actually eating? Quality counts!! Portion control and calorie coutning will get you started. But the best results will come from eating as cleanly as possible. A diet based on fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, healthy fats, low fat dairy and whole grains is the way to go.

If you recently changed up your diet/exercise, you could also be retaining water. That should disappear in another week or so.
  • lwiltfong
    Options
    Try increasing your protien. You don't want to go out and buy a big jug of protien powder until you know if you like it so check GNC or your local grocery store for sample packs or single cans of pre-made shakes. Hope this helps.