Me, Myself, and I & Baby

Options
Hello All,
My name is Khalida and I'm from North Carolina. I was told by a dietition about this site. I went to the gym this morning with the intention of making a workout plan and some small goals. I recently gave birth to a babyboy (2.5 months ago) and I am eager to get in the gym and loose this 'baby stomach'. I figured while I'm at it I might as well make some life changes. This dieting that I'm going to start is intended to be a life long diet, therefore......no starvation or unrealistic eating (meaning eating that i know that I cannot do for a lifetime). I'm looking for a new (or 'old') image and a healthy lifestyle. So watch out, here I come.....yea for 2011!

Replies

• amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for support and motivation :)
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yay, congrats and welcome aboard! I joined for the same reasons and plan to stay on after my goal is met (I'm almost there). I hope you find all the success I have! :smile:
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the sight.. I think alot of us here are in the same boat.. trying to loose the baby fat. Just a word of caution though.. f you are nursing it is not a good idea to diet until the baby is weaned.. you need extra calories to maintian your milk supply and dieting will cause your body to dump toxins into the milk.
  • bethy1987
    Options
    Hey there!!!

Welcome to the site and I also am tryin to lose my weight from having a baby!! You can do it!!
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your baby boy.
    Where in NC are you? My husband is stationed at Ft. Bragg
  • ninarobin05
    Options
    Good luck to you!! You can do it!!
  • kchooper
    Options
    I don't think I have to worry about too little calories, it's the too many calories thats getting me...lol. But seriously, I won't be breastfeeding anymore within the next month so I'm trying to get my head in to it now so my body can catch up by March.
  • rache12581
    Options
    Congrats to you on being a mommy & deciding to become a healthier you! We seem to have similar goals. I used to yo-yo diet all the time & the only thing that has worked for me was tracking calories & workingout everyday. I lost 30lbs doing that almost 2 years ago & was able to keep it off until I had a baby 5 months ago. I now have 20lbs to lose & so far I have lost 9 since Jan 3rd. So actuall 11 left to lose. This time I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred instead of going to the gym b/c as a new mommy it seems like 20 minutes is all I have lately. But I'm averaging between 2 & 3 lbs a week so obviously JM knows what shes doing to help me ; )
    Good Luck to you & welcome!!!!
  • kchooper
    Options
    My husband and I are from Winston-Salem, but I am currently stationed in Pensacola, Fl. After my training (another1.5 years) I am looking to get stationed in NC. I was hoping by that time they would have a spot for me at Ft. Bragg or somewhere close by. How long have you been in Fayetteville??
  • kchooper
    Options

My husband and I are from Winston-Salem, but I am currently stationed in Pensacola, Fl. After my training (another1.5 years) I am looking to get stationed in NC. I was hoping by that time they would have a spot for me at Ft. Bragg or somewhere close by. How long have you been in Fayetteville??
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options

We've been here since October 07. Good luck with everything :)