Good shoes!!

Options
I need to buy a new pair of athletic shoes but want to buy a good pair! I've looked at hundreds but would really appreciate some input on some good ones. Thanks!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    What activities will you use them for?
  • zzk0485
    zzk0485 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mainly just walking/exercise dvds
  • rudydtd
    rudydtd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For what you pay I've always loved Asics. They support my feet very well. There are better shoes on the market, but I think they just get too expensive. Asics have carried me through a marathon and multiple half marathons. Great value!
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Spend some time in the stores. Select shoes designated by their manufacturer for the type(s) of activities you intend to use them for. Test-fit shoes from a number of brands, and go with what you like best. Then, adjust from there next time you need a new pair. There are a lot of good shoes out there, and the final decision is a subjective one. My wife and I are fond of New Balance products; I have freinds and co-workers who prefer Reeboks, Asics, etc. You just gotta find your "sweet spot"....
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was hunting for a good pair for a long time. Finally went to Road Runner Sports, they did a great job and found me a good pair, best I've had in a long time. Planning to get a second one next month 'cos I'm doing a lot of walking now.

Try them out if you've a store nearby.

Disclaimer: I don't work for them, neither does any friend/family :)
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I suggest going to a place like Lucky Feet Shoes (that's here in Riverside, California, USA. Find something similar and local to you) and get a FREE Foot Analysis! I did it and I LOVE my Brooks! (But there's tons of brands to be fitted for). I also track my "gear mileage" with my MapMyFitness app on my iPhone that keeps track of the mileage of my shoes so I don't over-wear the soles and lead to injury. It's pretty awesome!
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    ALSO, I forgot to add an IMPORTANT shoe buying tip, go shopping near the end of your day, after work, after family activities, whatever, that way your TRUE foot size will be accurate during the analysis and fitting. If you go first thing in the morning, while your feet are slim & rested, shoes that fit at 9am may fit wonderfully, but come you 6pm walk or jog around that neighborhood, your toes might be pinching, the tongue too tight or wide, laces too tight, etc.