Bra size and weight loss

Options
I was going through some of my "skinny clothes" last night, looking to see what fits now (pulled out a few shirts I can wear now I couldn't a month ago :) ) and I found some of my old bras from back in the day. They're 36D. I don't remember what I weighed back then, maybe 135? I honestly don't remember... but I became overweight and for the last couple years of being big I was 262 lbs. At that weight I was a 42DD. Now I've lost weight and I"m at 148 lbs... but I'm still solidly a DD (34DD to be exact - ab dvds have given me a waist :) ). The thing is... I'm thinking of only going down to 130 - that's only 18 lbs. In all the weight I've lost I seem to only lose band sizes, not cup sizes. Am I going to get down to goal weight and still be a DD? I have no objection to that, I like the girls, I'm just curious. Has anyone else's chest gotten bigger from being over weight, and then when they went back to "normal" size, their breasts stayed larger?

Replies

• Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    many years ago when I lost about 40 pounds, the girls shrunk as well as the band size. and I'm a DD/DDD also. I was actually between a C and D. I'm hoping they shrink a little this time.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Remember that the cup is proportional to the band, so a 34DD is still a lot smaller in volume than a 42DD.

As for what might happen, everyone's body is different. I started out a 32G at 145 pounds and it wasn't until I got to about 125-128 pounds that they really started to get smaller. At 118 pounds I'm a 28F. However, other people lose drastically from their cup size. You won't know until you try, but, know for me, it takes sub-20% body fat to see much change. You might be different though! There are plenty of MFP women who dropped from bigger than DD to smaller than C cups.
  • jen_mv
    jen_mv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Firstly, please go to reddit.com/r/abrathatfits and measure yourself using the measurement/fit guide on the sidebar. The cup size means nothing without the band size; for example, a 40DD (in US sizing) has the same cup volume as a 32H. That is, the breast size is the same, except one person measures 40 inches around the underbust but the other measures 32 inches.

As for whether you'll keep your current breast size, that depends on your body! Since you lost some volume before, it's likely that you'll lose it again.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38D to a 36C in 2 months. So when it came to weight loss, my German Twins were all "I VULUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!"

I have a feeling that by the time I'm down to my goal, I'll be the tiny B cup I was in high school :noway:
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Remember that the cup is proportional to the band, so a 34DD is still a lot smaller in volume than a 42DD.

THIS. (which by the way, is infuriating. i went from a 36D to a 32DDD - i need a DDD to get the same cup size as a D in a larger band size. so annoying the weight loss often means a reduction in band size, but not breast size.
    which basically means i can't shop "off the rack" and regularly leave stores in tears because nothing fits. & what does fit, is regularly rather expensive or not exactly fun-looking.

that said, im still happier with my 32 size then how i was at the 36 size. but the volume of breast tissue has never decreased no matter how much weight i've lost - been the same size since i was 17...