Staying awake past 9pm!

Fitss
Fitss Posts: 8 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hello

About 3 weeks ago I started to "get fit" again. I am doing regular exercise and eating sensibly, drinking enough liquids (mainly water and fruit teas) however I am finding that I am really tired... I make sure I eat enough carbahydrates during the day but due to wanting to lose weight, try to avoid them in the evening.

Can anyone recommend what I could eat during the day that will give me extra energy to enable me to watch a film on TV right through to the end, or have enough energy to get off the sofa past 9pm every evening?

Many thanks for any advice.

Susan :)

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Are you eating enough protein? Protein is really good for sustaining energy. Also, drinking water helps me- I feel like it keeps my system running when I'm trying to fall asleep. Though drinking too much at once may get your tummy a little too full and make you want to sleep more!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Hi Susan,

I reccommend eating more fruit, i find that it helps me stay more alert and gives me more energy for the day.
  • Fitss
    Hi, thanks for the advice. I do try and drink at least 1.5ltr water every day, maybe I need some more.

The protein,... yes, that could be something I need to look at... thank you :)
  • Fitss
    Great, thanks for that Ally. The only thing about eating more fruit which worries me is it's more natural sugars which would turn to calories. I'm trying to do more exercise to compensate but I will give the fruit a try too, plus more water. Thanks again! :)
This discussion has been closed.