Sore tendon in foot---any advice?

Options
Last night while working out at the gym (flipping those dumb tractor tires) I tweaked my left foot. The pain is in the bottom, near the back of the arch and going into my heel. It's difficult to walk without pain right now. Friday is my weekly appointment with my chiropractor so I had him take a look. After some poking around he was sure it was a tendon, probably just tweaked or hyper-extended. He recommended some icing. (There is no bruising, discoloration or swelling.)

Anyone else have this kind of injury? Any ideas for quicker healing and/or pain relief? I don't want to miss my workouts!

Replies

• Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    See a podiatrist for faster injury recovery. You don't want to let that go, it could set your work outs back.
  • MammyMarge
    MammyMarge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it might be Plantar Fasciitis. I tend to get it when I've done a lot of walking in regular shoes but taking anti-inflammatory tablet (ibroprofen) every 4-6 hours and rolling your foot over a frozen water bottle does help. You should rest it though otherwise it will take longer to heal.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    When I had a similar injury years ago, I wish someone had told me then to go to a podiatrist. So that is my advice to you. I still have issues when I have walked quite a bit or stood for a long time and only ice will help it. Had I gotten it treated at the time and known what to do to heal the injury properly, I wouldn't be as crabby about it today. Don't be me!:sad: