I had an (unexpected) cheat day today...

Options
Due to some emotional stress, I found myself just going kinda crazy and eating things I shouldn't have. Thus far I've been in a caloric deficit for this week (my current deficit for the week is 2220) but today I went overboard and ate about 1500 calories. I'm 5'5, 18, and weigh 120. How much is this going to effect me? Should I just eat well tomorrow or should I hop on the elliptical tonight and spend an hour getting rid of 400-500 calories to make myself feel better? Feeling really guilty right now...

Replies

• Anxieux
    Anxieux Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day usually?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If a cheat day for you means eating 1500 calories, you're probably eating too few calories already. At your size I can understand netting 1500 if your overall life is quite sedentary, but at 18 you have a higher energy need.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that 1500 calories was a "cheat" day. What's a "light" eating day then?
    Look, 1500 is well below what you need to maintain your current weight, and if that level of calorie intake (which many people do stay at or below to lose weight) bothers you then you may want to explore your issues with a qualified professional.
  • LoryBear
    LoryBear Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    600-1000. It's not like I'm eating nothing, but the stuff I eat is pretty healthy and I eat a good amount of it, so I'm never hungry.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    600-1000 calories a day is not sustainable or healthy. If you cannot see why, Please seek the advice of a dietician as well as a counselor.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    600-1000. It's not like I'm eating nothing, but the stuff I eat is pretty healthy and I eat a good amount of it, so I'm never hungry.

You are either eating more than you think or you are suffering from disordered eating. In either case your problems are not with dietary control but with your mental well-being.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    600-1000 calories a day is not sustainable or healthy. If you cannot see why, Please seek the advice of a dietician as well as a counselor.

this. Or you're starving...for attention.