Hi Everyone

Options
Hi, I'm Chris ~ but you might also see either AngelHuggz or DrgnflyDrmz. (I use both of those at various forums, chat sites, and my blog.) I'm new to the site but not new to message boards or diets! :lol::

::edited to add:: I am in PA, just south of Philadelphia. I am married (1 year 07/07/07) and have 2 beautiful step daughters and 2 adorable grandsons (who all live in Oregon).

I was ready to join another online diet site when I found this one. I figured I'd give it a try and see how I do. Other then not being able to log on a few times, so far so good.

I LOVE the food diary. I think this is my biggest help tool. I have actually been proud of myself. My profile says I can have about 2,350 calories but I'm averaging around 1200. For me, to see it in print, I know I am doing well and I have a little bit of play incase there is something I really REALLY want to eat! ~ like chocolate! ::LOL::

I'm not much of an exerciser, but I'll get there. A co-worker and I are going to join a gym that just opened. At $10.00 a month, and no commitment, it's doable for me as long as I can get motivated.

I'm only looking to lose about 30 pounds. I am a curvy girl, but I'm also tall and big-boned. 6 years ago, after undergoing gastric bypass, I managed to get down to about 210 and I looked sick! My face was drawn in, I was pale - not very healthy at all. As I increased my weight a little I looked better ... but I went a little too far! ::LOL:: Time for me to get down to where I was when I met my husband 4 years ago.

I'll start with working on the 30 pounds to make me feel comfortable again, see how it goes, and take it from there.

Replies

• DrgnflyDrmz
    DrgnflyDrmz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris ~ but you might also see either AngelHuggz or DrgnflyDrmz. (I use both of those at various forums, chat sites, and my blog.) I'm new to the site but not new to message boards or diets! :lol::

::edited to add:: I am in PA, just south of Philadelphia. I am married (1 year 07/07/07) and have 2 beautiful step daughters and 2 adorable grandsons (who all live in Oregon).

I was ready to join another online diet site when I found this one. I figured I'd give it a try and see how I do. Other then not being able to log on a few times, so far so good.

I LOVE the food diary. I think this is my biggest help tool. I have actually been proud of myself. My profile says I can have about 2,350 calories but I'm averaging around 1200. For me, to see it in print, I know I am doing well and I have a little bit of play incase there is something I really REALLY want to eat! ~ like chocolate! ::LOL::

I'm not much of an exerciser, but I'll get there. A co-worker and I are going to join a gym that just opened. At $10.00 a month, and no commitment, it's doable for me as long as I can get motivated.

I'm only looking to lose about 30 pounds. I am a curvy girl, but I'm also tall and big-boned. 6 years ago, after undergoing gastric bypass, I managed to get down to about 210 and I looked sick! My face was drawn in, I was pale - not very healthy at all. As I increased my weight a little I looked better ... but I went a little too far! ::LOL:: Time for me to get down to where I was when I met my husband 4 years ago.

I'll start with working on the 30 pounds to make me feel comfortable again, see how it goes, and take it from there.
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll do great. You seem very motivated. I don't know anyone who doesn't truly love this site!

OOOOh, I wish we had a gym that is only $10 a month! I'd just move in! As it is, I live a little ways from the city, so I just walk outside, or use the treadmill when it's raining, too hot or too cold. I think walking is my best workout, though at times I do some other exercises that are good for an old lady like me with osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia. :sick: :laugh:

Again, Welcome, and feel free to ask questions or share experiences with us.

Marti from Kentucky :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome and good luck!