Hello all!

Second day on! I Just started working out at the gym two weeks ago and I'm trying to quit smoking (uuuug!) I really need to lose weight and get fit. Friends would be nice on this healthy journey :-)

Replies

• Welcome. :) Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. I think you will find everyone here to be very supportive and encouraging. Good luck on your journey.
  • Thank you :-)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Welcome! I hope you find this site as helpful as I have! FR sent! =)
  • Thank you!
  • Welcome to the fitness community. Set your goals and focus on them. You will succeed . Wish you the best of this journey. Ask questions, We all were beginers once. Good luck!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    welcome to the site..........please feel free to add me as a friend. congrats on your decision to quit smoking........not easy at all but you can do it.............:smile::flowerforyou:
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    welcome to MFP....congrats on your decision to quit smoking I know many who have tried and done so.....not easy so for you to do it I have much respect for you...........its like me and my vice of stress eating......hard to do but where there is a will.....there is a way :bigsmile: feel free to add me ......always on and willing to do what I can to help ........best of luck to you. have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • oakfred
    oakfred Posts: 13 Member
    Great job starting the gym. the hardest thing to do is to take that first step into the gym and not care about looking stupid. as for the smoking i am struggling to quit. i have lost almost 25lbs and i feel great except for the smoking i have never had a demon this bad in my life. every day is a battle that i don't always win. i need a room to be locked in for a week to detox. i wish i never started.
  • Ha! That's so funny you say that about not looking stupid! I cant get my balance! haha! Thank goodness my trainer has patience! I'll get there though!
  • oakfred
    The balance should get better once you get your core muscles engaged. try planking before you work out after a few weeks you will see and feel a difference
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Welcome, I smoke too and I have reduced my nicotine intake a lot since I started working out. Half the time when I want to light up I do some crunches or jog in place.
  • Ohhhh my trainer is working my core like crazy and I look silly haha.. I wish I had taken better care of myself. My hubby is fatter than me but has more muscle, I'm thinner but flabbier. Old age sucks.
  • oakfred
    getting old does suck but that dosent mean you have to grow up!!!
  • The quit smoking is amazing, energy will reappear magically, good luck on your fitness journey.