Looking for friends who are "slow" losers too.

Options

Replies

• lorraineau
    Options
    Hi I too am finding it harder to lose weight despite trying so hard I went to slimming world with my sister who managed to lose a steady amount per week and at the end of week 6 I gave up ! sister lost 1st 1lb and I lost 2lb ! sickening when we both done the same diet each day and exercised together I have been to my doctors and have got an under active thyroid well it's borderline has been for 4 years but my weight loss is not happening no matter what so I have decided to start mfp and see what happens so far I am not eating enough !!!!!! Good Luck with your program X
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a slow loser on purpose. I just feel awful if I eat less than 1400-1700 calories daily so my MFP is set at -1 pound a week which ends up being closer to -1 to 2 pounds a month which is totally fine with me. I am only 8 pounds to a healthy BMI and I would like to achieve that by new years. And then possibly lose 10 pounds after that. I do log and work out a lot I would rather work out and still eat than starve myself.
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I SOOO needed to see this this morning. I lose slowly but my mantra is that I'd rather lose it slowly and never have to lose it again. But I haven't been so diligent as of late, but just got a LOT of stress relieved, so will be refocusing on me again and would like to get the scale moving again..even if it's slowly. ;-)

Welcome friend requests.
  • BobT84721
    Options
    I'm a slow loser. 65 lbs. in a year. Even with Lap-Band surgery. But, I know some of the reasons, 1st my wife died 2 months after my surgery and for about 6 months I just didn't care. About that time I decided show would kick my butt of I didn't get on program. It's still hard. I have found you have to be honest with yourself and truly use this program. Like this morning, there was some pizza left over from last night, Papa John's, so I had a slice of pie and 4 pieces of Cinnapie, then I put the stuff it MFP. Well, shock 950 calories. So, no lunch today. But, I had to use MFP. I should have use the program first. So there's a clue add up calories before you eat them.

Good Luck and hang in there, remember slow is better that not at all or going up.

Bob T
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of new to mfp, but not weight loss, it's been a lifelong struggle! I've lost and kept off a lot of weight in the past 11 years. But this last 10-20lbs is so darned stubborn!! I've been eating at a deficit and working out hard for 7 weeks and no loss. That's pretty slow!! I've lost some body fat though, so I'm happy with that!

I've recently changed my macros and lowered my calories a bit to try to get the scale going. But, like you, even doing things the "right" way the scale doesn't move. I am insulin resistant and hypothyroid with a hormone imbalance, so I'm not like everybody else. BUT that doesn't mean I can't still make my goals happen! It's just a bit harder. But so worth it! :wink:

Feel free to add me. I log daily and workout 5-6 times a week :).
  • BobT84721
    Options
    Hi, I've been here for awhile and have found it helpful. You really need to follow the program, no starving yourself. And drink lots of water. Good Luck. Bob T
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Slow loser over here! Anyone is welcome to add me
  • ssmkgp
    ssmkgp Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Known to be very slow ;)
  • meaghanmcb
    meaghanmcb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Slow here also! I hate counting calories because I don't find it to be sustainable (I'm lazy) so I recently took the approach of being true to how my body wants to eat: day-long grazing. I sometimes manage to input my day's foods to get a general overview of how many calories I'm consuming... Usually between 1700-1800, which is where I'm comfortable. What I need to ramp up is my physical activity because I'm a desk worker 8-10 hours per day. This is the hard part, thus I'm losing barely a pound a week. In any week that I miss a day of walking (my activity of choice), I gain. Very precarious balance. In 12 weeks, I've lost 9 pounds, but apparently its noticeable because 2 friends from my daughter's school remarked on it this week - and I was super excited. It made the 9 pounds feel totally worth it (especially considering I have a total of 70 to go!).

I'm open to any an all friends, whether you check in daily or not. I don't always manage to check in every day (or for 2-3 days at a time), in part because I'm iPad heavy and don't like the website functionality when mobile. I wish the app had community access. :( If you use a FB support group, please let me know - I'd love to join that too!
  • godsmissiongal
    Options
    I am a very slower loser as well. I have actually done everything perfectly this week and killed myself in the gym and gained 0.2 lbs. I just started everything full on this past week. I would second the poster that said to get your adrenal glands checked. I went to a naturopathic doctor last week and she found that both my adrenal gland, thyroid, and cortisol levels were all messed up. All of the above by themselves are enough to cause lack of weight loss if not out right weight gain. She put me on natural supplements to fix all the hormonal imbalances and the anti-inflammatory diet. I have PCOS and Fibromyalgia as well so my body is constantly inflamed. Since going on the diet and not cheating at all I have been a different person. I was even able to walk/jog a 10k earlier in the week. Last week I was barely able to get through a half-hour personal training session. Energy levels are spiking. I made the mistake of simply eating some Indian food that was 95% on the diet and some pork (not on diet at all) last night and the pain came back with a vengeance and I had a horrible stomach ache. Keep in mind I had had a constant stomach ache for close to two years straight. The first day I went on the diet it went away. It only takes a few bites for something I am not supposed to have and bam stomach issues.
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would be very interested in learning about what you are doing. I had a naturopath long ago but there aren't any here in eastern NC where I live. I also have similar issues of not being able to lose weight, asthma, arthritis and low energy . Please message me if you can give me the tips on anti-inflammatory diet. I do have some supplements but doubt they are the ones you have. I would love to hear more since I study a alot of books on nutrition and health. You can add me as a friend; I'd love to help support.... I have about 25 lbs to lose.
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Also hypothyroid.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well......slow and steady wins the race........:smile::flowerforyou:
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I thought i was the slowest loser that was in existence. Form Sept 2013 to July 2014 lost 27lbs then form July to now another 2lbs lost. It is very painfully slow i log everything, granted i am not very active but i take care of that within my calories eaten. Not sure how old you are but i think because of my age it is slower. If you find the answer let me know!!!! and good luck:smile:
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I eat "right" and exercise 5 days a week. Still not losing. Feel free to add me, too!
  • 19vickb87
    Options
    im a slow loser , always have been , the only time I lost weight quickly was went I spent a month in hospital with no food . I have mananged to lose 31lb since January . I wish I could lose it quicker but as they say slow and steady is best
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've definitely slowed down a lot. At first I was losing pretty fast - 6 or 7 pounds a month - but in the last 3 months I've lost only about 10. And only 1 since mid-August! :(
  • lizzie14115
    lizzie14115 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello, i am just back after a couple of months break, having put on what i lost. Usually quite slow to lose, so would love to be friends and we could help each other. I didn't seek friends last time, but plan on getting it right this time, so would like to make some friends too.
    Take care,
    Catrina x
  • meganlea2431
    meganlea2431 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a slow loser too it sucks! Most days I cant even eat all my calories I am allowed and all I manage to lose is a pound or so :-(
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    40 pounds in 8 years. Five ... friggin' ... pounds ... a year.

- Had my RMR tested: 1750. BMR: 1498.
    - Exercise: every day that I'm not sick (my husband has a heart condition so we have to walk, plus I lift and do Barre as well).
    - I weigh/measure everything, record everything including the two wheat crackers I ate yesterday while making dinner salad ... "Trader Joe's Multigrain Crackers, .14 servings of 14 crackers." Do you know how obsessed I feel, recording that? But I do.
    - Thyroid slightly abnormal on some tests but well within average on most. Two docs say: nothing to worry about.

And to lose weight, I am limited to 1500 calories a day. I canNOT eat more than that and lose weight. And frequently I do eat more than that because hunger drives me insane sometimes, so .... Five ... friggin' ... pounds ... a year. Longest plateau so far: 18 months. This should not be physically possible.