Drinking Green Tea

Options
So I've just come across this Green Tea with Citrus that is DELICIOUS! So much so that I have been having 2 or 3 cups a day. This won't hinder any weight loss will it? I do still drink quite a bit of plain water but since giving up smoking I don't drink coffee anymore and think this may be a good substitute? Thanks ????

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be okay.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    can you tell me the brand you bought? I am actually going tomorrow to buy some for myself and wasn't sure which one to get.
    (PS I think you'll be fine. as far as I know, it's perfectly safe and won't harm your weight loss plans unless you are putting tons of sugar or something in it.)

:drinker:
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I regularly have 2-3 cups of tea a day (green and herbal) and have lost weight. When I've logged it, it usually comes up as 0-6 calories or something like that. I don't add anything to my tea though. If you're putting in lots of honey, sugar, etc., that might be log-worthy. ;)
  • disturbed_s
    disturbed_s Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes sure it's Red Seal brand, however I live in New Zealand so not sure if it's available elsewhere, it really is devine. I don't put sugar or anything in it. Thanks ????
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Most teas are harmless to your weight-loss. I drink 2-3 cups everyday w/ sugar and I can get to 8% body-fat with no issues at all. So you'll be fine
  • AmrOnTop
    AmrOnTop Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with cinammon and ginger 3 times a day .. Delicious!
  • homie_94
    Options
    I drink Jasmine tea which has a green tea base.. it's nice, relaxing..
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups a day with honey in it and it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. In fact, when I went to see the doctor because my gallbladder was all kinds of shredded from gallstones, he advised me that the antiseptic properties in the honey that I was consuming daily probably helped stave off infection. Drink up and enjoy!
  • elinegri
    elinegri Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Green tea has actually been associated with weight loss, however there are no peer reviewed studies that I am aware of which confirms this. I drink 2-3 cups a day and have been since I was 16. Love green tea so much. Matcha green tea is my new obsession because the caffeine in it is said to be a 'low GI' caffeine if you can imagine, so the effect is sustained for longer. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Tea won't hinder your loss unless you're loading it up with extra stuff, which you would log.
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Lipton makes a good honey lemon green tea--I drink it all the time:smile:
  • Sebismom
    Sebismom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As others have said, if you aren't adding sugar or honey, and the tea itself (bottled liquid or tea bags?) is not already sweetened, you have nothing to worry about. I have actually lost weight by switching to plain green tea. Both black tea and even decaf coffee were strong enough to make my blood sugar drop, which made me eat. Green tea keeps me even and I no longer snack.
  • pigiaki
    pigiaki Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Actually caffeine that it is contained in green tea can boost your metabolism 4%.This is not like a magic weight loss potion.You can drink 2-3 cups per day because it also helps you to feel full and you always stay hydrated.I personally like the taste of it and i drink 1-2 cups.It is not obligatory to drink it to lose weight but it helps.A little.So go on and drink it.Hope that helps =)
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I drink loads of tea because I don't really like drinking water (I only drink water when I'm exercising or working - I'm a teacher and have a water bottle on my desk at all times to avoid getting a dry throat and losing my voice).

I normally have about 3 cups (large ones!) of regular tea with semi-skimmed milk (no sugar), which I usually log.

I also drink green tea (I like Jasmine, and Twinings Orange and Lotus Flower. I also have one flavoured with rose) and some herbal teas (Peppermint, Chamomile). These all come in at about 2 calories so I don't tend to worry about logging them.