Tae Bo

Options
Just wondering if there are any other Tae Bo users out there? I did it last summer and managed to lose 7lb in 2 weeks doing it so I've started doing it again for the past couple of weeks everyday for 40 minutes. How do you all find it?

Replies

• Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do Tae Bo and Zumba i love it....Last year my mom lost 50lb in 16 weeks in Tae Bo was the only work out she did. You will do great
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have the Billy Blanks Tae Bo videos I do at home.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I used to do Tae Bo, but now I'm on to Turbo Fire, and I love it!! It's a lot like Tae Bo, just more upbeat.
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Just started doing it on Monday and trying to continue all week. Im starting with 30 minutes a day and than go for an hour all next week.
    I dont want to kill myself the first week, mainly because i use to quit when i would feel the pain. So im going to baby myself. :smile:

Even though its a hell of a workout and im sore today...i look forward to it!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just started using Billy Blanks Tae Bo last week and love it. So far I'm only doing it every couple of days because he is kicking my a**.
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Tae Bo
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan, helped me get my abs back after all three children.
  • feenixgate
    Options
    Have the videos and plan to incorporate then into my routine this week.
  • southern_gurl
    Options
    I loooove Tae Bo, Billy Blanks is so motivational. I just purchased the Cardio Inferno and it will definately make you sweat!!!!
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did the advanced abs and glutes today and it nearly killed me! :laugh:
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love Tae Bo! Tough workout and you feel it the next day. For now I've been using the old VHS advanced version. I'm wanting to get some of Billy Blanks new stuff. He's very motivating.
  • angelo74
    angelo74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Tae Bo for years. It's what I've seen to give me the quickest results. I'm trying some other ones like p90x and Insanity but Tae Bo has been true to my heart!
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    Just throwing this out there...would people be interested in a tae bo group? maybe we can start a challenge and motivate each other to do it.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    i have billy's boot camp and love it i'm looking up more tae bo videos i'd love to be in a tae bo group
  • angelo74
    angelo74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yes! I LOVE TAE BO! Just started doing the Amped program. But I'm not losing weight (reached a plateau for over a month now) just inches. Has that happened to any of you? Is it because with Tae Bo we're gaining muscle??
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I love Tae Bo! Tough workout and you feel it the next day. For now I've been using the old VHS advanced version. I'm wanting to get some of Billy Blanks new stuff. He's very motivating.

I prefer the old VHS Advanced and 8-minute workout over much of the new stuff. Not to say the new stuff isn't good, but I don't like using the Billy Bands. If I want to build muscle, I will do a weight training workout. I want cardio that will get my heart rate up and get me sweating.

To the original question, I have done Tae-bo for over a year now. It is quiet good, but many of the workouts don't challenge me enough any more except for the coordination to complete the moves. There are still combinations that I cannot do. I still mix it in with Insanity, Interval Training and Cross-country Skiing.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have found that it works just as well to replace billy bands with hand weights or ankle weights.
    My husband was doing TaeBo 2-3x per week for the last 6 months, but his body got used to it. Now he is on P90X and it is kicking his butt!
    In my experience TaeBo is great for legs, shoulders and abs. It might not hurt to add some pushups/pullups.
    I love Billy. He's great! But hopefully I'll like Tony Horton just as much :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I bought this:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/14673681
    and I love it!!

What do you do?