Biggest Loser switches to iFit

Options
Looks like another change in sponsors. First they went from 24 Hour Fitness to Planet Fitness, and now they dumped BodyMedia (formerly BodyBug) to iFit trackers.
Marketing for weight loss is at an all time high based on how the obesity rate keep climbing in the world.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Have they ever let people view the stats obtained with those things, like calories burned in day compared to how much they ate?
    Actually, just calories burned would be interesting, compared to weight lost.
    Probably would give some ability to discern how much fat, water, muscle weight was lost.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    No idea. I don't know that much about it. I just noticed the other night while watching it that they were no longer sporting BodyMedia devices and saw the wrist bands. Looked it up and saw it was iFit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Have they ever let people view the stats obtained with those things, like calories burned in day compared to how much they ate?
    Actually, just calories burned would be interesting, compared to weight lost.
    Probably would give some ability to discern how much fat, water, muscle weight was lost.

i've never seen anything like that on the show because i've also been curious to know how much they are eating, how much they are burning etc.
    the closet thing i've seen was a few seasons ago there was a girl on jill's team who wasnt losing like jill thought she would and her calorie goal was 1600. turns out she was eating more than than and losing weight at a normal rate rather than the TBL "i need to stay on the show" rate
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think it's because Jawband bought out Bodymedia and they are just letting it slowly die out :grumble:
  • skyy0913
    skyy0913 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I noticed this as well. I can say I have a Bodymedia Fit & since Jawbone bought them out it is cheaply made. I am on my second one. My first one was bought in 2010 when it was still the original brand & it lasted for 3.5 years with almost daily wear. Finally died so I bought a new one last year under the new Jawbone brand & it sucks! It is cheaply made and has issues all the time. My old one looks brand new compared to this one already. Anyway, got off track a bit, but my point is that may be a factor in them not using BMF anymore.