Hey just joined

Options
I joined to help me keep track of my weight loss goals. Although I am not really trying to lose alot of weight, just inches off the ol' gut lol. I started beginning of july at 270lbs and 48 inches on my gut. I am now at 240lbs and 44 inches. Still have a few to go. If anyone is wondering I am doing this to rejoin the army. They raise the standards for prior service men and women so its harder to get back in.

Replies

• pros696
    pros696 Posts: 80
    Options
    I joined to help me keep track of my weight loss goals. Although I am not really trying to lose alot of weight, just inches off the ol' gut lol. I started beginning of july at 270lbs and 48 inches on my gut. I am now at 240lbs and 44 inches. Still have a few to go. If anyone is wondering I am doing this to rejoin the army. They raise the standards for prior service men and women so its harder to get back in.
  • memuellerpa
    Options
    Great job so far! The goal for waist size for men is below 40 inches (and for women below 35 inches). So you are half way there. Depending on your height, you may also be half way there in the weight category, or more... But keep up the good work and good luck on getting back into the service!
  • pros696
    Options
    I am 5'10" with a 44 inch waist and an 18 inch neck.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :bigsmile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Well hello there!!

Good luck on your goal, I have been in the military for 9 years and have loved it so far.

:wink:
  • pros696
    Options
    I was in for 2 years in the infantry. I got out because I hurt my knee in training. That was the cause for the weight gain the the 2 years I have been out. My knee is fine now and I am able to workout and train once again. I would pass the body fat % to get in if they did not use that stupid inaccurate tape test. I would be in already if they didn't use that thing.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and I love that you have done so great thus far!!! YEY! :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I was in for 2 years in the infantry. I got out because I hurt my knee in training. That was the cause for the weight gain the the 2 years I have been out. My knee is fine now and I am able to workout and train once again. I would pass the body fat % to get in if they did not use that stupid inaccurate tape test. I would be in already if they didn't use that thing.

I agree that test is completely bogus. Well good luck this way you can make yourself even better and will be fueding with me in no time lol (I am navy lol)
  • pros696
    Options
    Was avoiding the whole navy thing lol. One of my best friends was in the navy in jacksonville