workout A LOT, eat healthy and do NOT lose weight

Options
Hey guys, i am new around here, and English is not my native so go easy on me, i have been fighting with this losing weight thing for years and i have always quite, but not this time, i m tired , it has to change, i am 5"ft 4inches. 21 yo, i weight 138,i most be in 127 pounds to get my normal weight, i signed myself on the gym about month a half ago, i eat healthy, no fat at all on my meals, i watch my portions, i have like a shake for breakfast or tortillas and beans, a normal small lunch, a small dinner as well, always watching the portions, and no fat!!, between lunch and dinner i have cereal and milk or a shake, and i workout a lot, i do about an hour of cardio, run on the treadmill for about 35 min, to a decent speed between 13-15 km per hour, and do some other cardio machines and have a routine of 2 and 3 muscles per day, some days i workout chest , leg, triceps, others biceps back, shoulders. . . . . i know i exercise hard enough,

the point is at first in the 2 first weeks i lost about 3 pounds, it was all going just fine, and suddenly i noticed it just stopped, i mean the losing weight, i am stuck, and now i am training harder than ever, and i dont know what is going on, is driving me crazy, i most be doing something wrong, i have read a lot on the net, but still dont find what i am doing wrong , according what i've seen, i seem to be doing everything ok, i know i am not perfect but if any of you guys could help me out, would be more than thankful

Replies

• northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Feel like opening your diary so's we can take a peak?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why have you cut out all fat? There's no reason to, just eat at a calorie deficit.

How long has it been since you lost? Weight loss is not linear, and there will be weeks where you lose a little/nothing/gain.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The three pounds the first two weeks is how it goes for a lot of people.
    After that, the loss slows down. Be patient.
    Eat some fat. It is important for your body.
  • alan00727
    Options
    is not like i do not ever eat fat, i do but in small proportions, for lunch sometimes i have spaghetti and meatballs, or some other foods that require fat, i just don't eat that much, or once or twice a week i have scrambled eggs for dinner, i am not like starving all the time either, i just try to eat the most necessary and healthier way possible, it has been about 3 weeks that i have no lose weight, sometimes i weight 137.5 or 138 or . . . but its around 138 always
  • northbanu
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat?
  • malibu927
    Options
    It's okay to eat healthy fats, such as eggs/oils/nuts/dairy. You don't have to go overboard, obviously, but they are vital to your health and well-being.

Can you open your diary? If it's been three weeks, you may be eating more than you think. Do you weigh/measure everything you eat?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    your thread title is how i gained 70 pounds :laugh:

it's down to calories, if you're eating more calories than you need, then you will gain weight regardless of your workouts or how healthy your food is
  • alan00727
    Options
    ok well, ill start doing the diary thing, i am new, i didnt know about it, about the measuring what i eat, i dont, for example every day for breakfast and dinner i have about 5 spoons of beans and 3 tortillas, and a shake or milk, between foods a shake or a bowl of cereal and milk, or drink yogurt, the only thing that would change is what i eat on lunch, but its rice and meat, or spaguetthi, a normal proportion, and that's basically what i eat, somedays it may vary a little, like 2 shakes or eggs with the breakfast but nothing extraordinary , dont wanna sound like a drama queen about this hole thing , i just wanna keep losing weight . . . .
  • LouSmorals
    LouSmorals Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd bet you are overestimating your portion sizes. Measure your food, it's a real eye-opener.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You are not eating healthy because no fats = not healthy.

And if you're not losing weight then it's most likely because you're eating more than you burn.
  • northbanu
    Options
    It sounds like you're eating more calories than you thought. You may very well be surprised if you start logging EVERYTHING.

For example, Your breakfast:
    1 cup of refried beans (238 grams) = 218 calories
    3 tortillas (flour, 7-8 inch = 147 EACH ) = 441 Calories
    2 cups of 2% milk = 248 calories

TOTAL FOR BREAKFAST = 907 calories.

For me, that's more than 2 meals worth of calories.

Now, we aren't the same, I don't mean to imply that you should eat like me (that would just be wrong). But I am saying you may very well be surprised at how fat those calories add up. I know I was.
  • malibu927
    Options
    ok well, ill start doing the diary thing, i am new, i didnt know about it, about the measuring what i eat, i dont, for example every day for breakfast and dinner i have about 5 spoons of beans and 3 tortillas, and a shake or milk, between foods a shake or a bowl of cereal and milk, or drink yogurt, the only thing that would change is what i eat on lunch, but its rice and meat, or spaguetthi, a normal proportion, and that's basically what i eat, somedays it may vary a little, like 2 shakes or eggs with the breakfast but nothing extraordinary , dont wanna sound like a drama queen about this hole thing , i just wanna keep losing weight . . . .

You don't sound like one at all!

Definitely invest in a food scale and weigh out what a serving size is--it's going to give you a new perspective on everything.

These threads will help you out too!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • Bridget65202
    Options
    Sounds like you may be gaining muscle. Start taking measurements of your waist, or just notice if your pants are getting looser.
  • NJ64a
    NJ64a Posts: 13
    Options
    It's possible you are exercising too much. I had a similar problem. I ate approx. 1300 cals per day and exercised for around an hour a day 6 times a week and lost a couple of pounds over 6 weeks. I felt so frustrated. A year or so after this I read an article somewhere saying that losing weight is 90% diet and exercising too much could prevent the weight coming off, as you burn too many calories, so your body retains. I started my 1300 cals per day 'diet' again, this time without exercise to test out the theory. I lost 25lb over 10 weeks. I will start using exercise when I have met my goal to help keep the weight off. I know this may not work for everybody but it works for me.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may be gaining muscle. Start taking measurements of your waist, or just notice if your pants are getting looser.
    Err no if only it was that easy to gain muscle we'd all look like Mr Universe
  • alan00727
    Options
    in that case. i will get a food scale,start really measuring everything that goes into my mouth, i will also start doing the diary thing and posting what i eat, i guess visiting a nutritionist wouldn't hurt either, if someone can give me an accurate diet is him/her, now about the exercising i don't really know, am i working out to much ? is it too much cardio?

i measure myself and weight as well daily, but there is not change, sure maybe on the weight today 0.5 pound less, tomorrow 0.7 pound more . . .but its about the same, i am pretty close to reach my ideal weight just about 10 pounds

but there are a somethings to analyze, the food, if i eat the enough amount and if it is healthy enough ? or should i stop doing cardio, and just working the routine . . .

i guess i will get my scale and measure the food, and try to get the diet from the nutritionist, working out the way i am doing it at least for this week, and see how it goes, and if it remains the same, i could do some changes on the exercises i do

thanks guys for the help
  • northbanu
    Options
    in that case. i will get a food scale,start really measuring everything that goes into my mouth, i will also start doing the diary thing and posting what i eat, i guess visiting a nutritionist wouldn't hurt either, if someone can give me an accurate diet is him/her, now about the exercising i don't really know, am i working out to much ? is it too much cardio?

i measure myself and weight as well daily, but there is not change, sure maybe on the weight today 0.5 pound less, tomorrow 0.7 pound more . . .but its about the same, i am pretty close to reach my ideal weight just about 10 pounds

but there are a somethings to analyze, the food, if i eat the enough amount and if it is healthy enough ? or should i stop doing cardio, and just working the routine . . .

i guess i will get my scale and measure the food, and try to get the diet from the nutritionist, working out the way i am doing it at least for this week, and see how it goes, and if it remains the same, i could do some changes on the exercises i do

thanks guys for the help

Well, done brutha, well done. Keep on pushing forward :happy: