achilles bursitis

Options
I was released a little over a week ago to resume regular exercise and activities after having my baby. I successfully did 30 day shred for a week, however, ive now been told by my dr that I have achilles bursitis in my right foot. It hurts incredibly bad trying to do any of the cardio intervals but I can do the strength and abs almost pain free. Any suggestions on modifying the jumping jacks and such with something that doesnt move my feet so much but still gets my heart rate up enough to be efficient?

Replies

• kazzsj0urney
    Options
    I wouldnt do anything that impacts it. I had bursitis in my hip just a few weeks ago...my trainer wouldnt let me do anything with my legs....no squats nothing....we did all upper body work....within 2 weeks i am completely pain free...its better to rest and not make it a long term injury
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Find exercises for sitting or floor on youtube.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I work 8hrs a night on concrete so Im sure that doesnt help anything. I guess if its not a good idea for me to be doing 30 day shred, what are some exercises that dont have you bending your feet? I was possibly thinking doing planks because I should be able to keep my feet at a 90 degree angle. I really want some form of cardio too besides punches. Ill venture through youtube but id like any help I can get. My goal is to lose 20-25lbs by the New Year. Thanks for the responses ive gotten so far.