Looking for friends for motivation, mental support, and guid

Options
Hi,
I am just starting this journey. Right now I hope to just see where I am at. So for the first week all I am doing is inputting activity and food. I than plan on making changes. I struggle with self-worth issues and hope to find motivation, support, and guidance on this issue as I know it can greatly determine whether this journey is a success or not. I have a large family consisting of five children, me, my husband, and my sister. They are not to fond of diet foods or change period. I have decided to do what is needed not only for me but for them too. Since I am the main cook in the house, I figure they can either eat what I fix or fix their own meal. It is time for change and time to get healthy. Sometimes we don't always know or want what is best for us.

I am here and can't wait to meet you all! hopefully we can help inspire others and support each other on this most important journey.

Dorothy

Replies

• SJUL77
    SJUL77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Dorothy

Feel free to friend me. Its good to have support! I wish you success! This site is a great tool!

Sharon
  • Carolyn204
    Carolyn204 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think that it is great that you are doing this for you and your family!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am the cook in my house too and have found some great ways to eat well without my family even knowing what they are eating is good for them. It is possible and they will thank you in the long run!
  • kwise127
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm in the same boat trying to get my daughter to eat healthier with me. I've been trying to both sneak in healthier choices and get her more involved in the cooking so that she has a reason to want to eat what is being fixed. Feel free to add me as a friend for support and encouragement. Welcome aboard.