Starting Turbo Jam

Options
i know its an older work out video but i bought it in 2006 and am finally getting around to actually using it. is anyone else starting this work out? how did you figure out the Elite 11 moves? i feel like i am only working my right side. any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• afluegel
    afluegel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started Turbo Jam last week... At first i felt lost and didn't know what i was doing. Now i get it and I love it! It just took a few tries of doing the same workout to get the hang of it. I only have been doing the 20 minute workout mon, wed & fri when i do EA active sports 2 and this week i started doing the Turbo Sculpt on Tues & Thurs. I plan on trying the Turbo party next week...
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Best work-out system ever!

I've been doing it for 4 years since February 2007 and it’s been the best thing! Really helps lean up and tone your back and arms.

You pick up the 11 moves pretty easily, don’t focus on memorizing them but do a couple then you’ll just get into the feel you can do it in your sleep. You probably only have to watch the learn and burn video once, if you really need it go back a 2nd time. Be sure you change up your sides, sorry I couldn’t answer your question more about it feeling like you are only working out one side, that is odd.

Punch Kick Jam - the extra DVD is probably the hardest of the series. That punch up then down series of moves at the beginning will throw you the first few times you do it. Just don't start with that DVD.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! I bought it several years ago and just now started it. I did the learn and burn twice and picked up the elite 11. I don't know about the one-side workout, I feel it works out equally for both sides. Keep it up, though! It gets better!
  • BrittBrat78
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!! maybe i will just do the burn and learn video for a few days until i feel comfortable with the steps.
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! I have had this for years but I haven't used it for a long time! I just started it again last week and I forgot how much I LOVE it!!!! It is great! You do feel lost at first but within a few days you will have it down and be on your way! Good luck and have a ball!
  • BrittBrat78
    Options
    ok so i made it all the way through the learn and burn dvd... not looking like they did but did what i could. feeling it today so i think that is a good sign!! .. i also did the 3T dvd... i like working with the bands. thanks for the encouragement everyone!!
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I bought this in 2007 and used it right when I got it but then stopped Heve no clue why but any way I started it again man it makes you sweat. And I have never felt like I was only working one side. She does to both sides I know I have been doing it like a week now. Maybe start with the first one and then work up to the others. The first one shows you how to do the moves before you even start the workout. I have the whole set. Like 5 dvds. Good luck.
  • BrittBrat78
    Options
    thanks :-) i have been just working with the learn and burn video until i feel like i can workout without turning into a pretzel...lol :-) keep it up!!