The chocolate diet.

Options
Hi everyone,
I know how unhealthy this diet is and that due to that reason you should only do it for a maximum of 7 days. From what I'v heard of the diet you can get results but only in the first few days mainly. It seems you eat just chocolate not including those types who have pieces in them and drink water mainly although you are allowed low cal carbonated drinks. Has anyone tried this? I was thinking you would probably have side affects such as lack of motivation etc due to the high sugar content and lack of slow release energy?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mad8a4hnAK1r6aoq4o1_250.gif
  • Haha that was my reaction when I first heard of it too! :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You're not trolling? oh.
  • No haha I wouldn't do this myself but I am generally interested in if anyone has done this haha I do understand how unhealthy it is tho :)
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    googled it and went on their site it looks like you are replacing to meal with chocolate flavoured shakes that you buy from them and eat a protein based dinner with some chocolate for dessert and they have some snack options as well like fruit. It just looks pretty much like any other shake based diet where all they doing is reducing your overall calories without you actually having to count them. Id rather count them and eat what I like rather then replacing meals with shakes.
  • Okay thank you hun :) I think id rather calorie count and eat what I want too!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My chocolate diet is making room within my caloric allowance for some each day!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    But anyone who unerstands the MFP idea or general idea about calorific deficit knows this will work, just like eating nothing will work for a while.

Anyone who knows about nutrition will know its not a diet thats any good for you. Theres nothing in it which says it will be any more effective than eating any sort of candy.

Oh I see its a real diet so what wanting to lose says..geee a chocolate shake diet. Just have a normal diet and eat smaller portions of chocolate if you need to.
  • I understand its not a nutritious diet therefore I would not do it, I was simply interested to see if anyone had.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    OMG!

I love this diet already!
  • Haha if only they could make nutritious chocolate!
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Haha if only they could make nutritious chocolate!

They do - it's called dark chocolate!

Edited to add: I sometimes feel like I am on a chocolate diet since losing weight this time around, as I seem to be eating more chocolate than I've ever eaten regularly. Most days I eat a small 25g bar of dark chocolate, and have even taken to adding a small spoon of cocoa to my black coffee, lol :)