A real stumper

Options
Okay, so here it is. Lunch was roasted red pepper fettucine alfredo, about 1-1/2 cups and a small ceaser salad. The salad isn't the stumper, it's the fettucine. Homemade in a restaurant, so no chain restaurant buckets of pre-made sauce. No meat, but it was a cream sauce. Any clues here would be great since I'd like to be as accurate as I can. Thanks!

Replies

• kferg0312
    Options
    are you trying to make your own alfredo sauce?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would guess around 1000 cals. cream sauces at restaurants are usually made with full fat cream and are usually the fattier than pasta with meat sauce, cream sauces should be avoided when trying to lose weight.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So you probably had about a cup of pasta, half a cup of sauce. If you type "homemade alfredo sauce" into the food finder, the first result has 310 calories for 1/3 cup, which sounds pretty accurate. Half a cup would be 465 calories. Then a cup of fettucine (about the size of a baseball) is 200 calories.
  • dandynick
    Options
    No, but we went out for lunch and this sounded good and was tasty. I'm a sucker for fettucine! I just wonder for inputting my calories, fat etc.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would guess around 1000 cals. cream sauces at restaurants are usually made with full fat cream and are usually the fattier than pasta with meat sauce, cream sauces should be avoided when trying to lose weight.

But only a cup and a half of the dish probably wouldn't be 1000 calories.