Tips for more protein?

Options
I almost always have too high carbs and low protein so thought I'd ask here for some food ideas to increase protein - especially for breakfast, snacks and lunch... dinner is ok. Thank you!

Replies

• ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken omelette ^_^ Nom
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken omelette ^_^ Nom

That's my routine breakfast.

I grill up 10lbs at a crack and keep em in the fridge. Grab a 4oz hunk and using kitchen scissors I cube it into the sauté pan with my mushrooms and onions. Add 2 eggs when sauté mix is ready. Delicious 40 gram protein filled breakfast in under 5 minutes
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you like greek yogurt? I've been really enjoying the PC brand and it's considerably higher in protein than the other brands. Yes, it may be more costly but you have to look at bang for your buck. Lately I've been sticking to the 500 gram containers of honey and mixing with granola.

Low fat cheeses are good also depending on your fat intake go for the whole fat if possible. Beans can add a considerable amount and roasted chick peas make for a great snack.
  • kedlyo
    kedlyo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast every morning. It's fast and I can drink it while I'm getting ready for work, which means I get to sleep a little longer :) There are hundreds of protein powder products out there, and I switch brands periodically.

My Peanut Butter Chocolate shake recipe:
    1 C vanilla unsweetened almond milk (30 cal)
    2 tbsp. PB2 (45 cal)
    1 scoop (1 serving) chocolate flavored protein powder, (appx. 130 cal)
    1 tbsp chia seeds + 1/4C water to make a gel (45 cal)
    9 ice cubes
    Blend, pour, enjoy your appx 250 cal breakfast!

The chia gel is optional, it just makes the shake smoother and adds some omegas & fiber. I prepare 7 little gladware containers on sundays so they're ready for the week. To make chia gel: 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1/4-1/3 C water. Stir until clumps are broken up. After 15 min. the gel will be formed. Stays fresh in the fridge for over a week.
  • stevejill91
    stevejill91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eggs for breakfast, chicken, steak, pork chops for lunch. I stay away from processed foods, PB especially. Limit dairy, no milk (almond milk ok). Only hard cheeses in moderation. If it had a face on it Im eating it (lol)
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The little one serving cans of tuna are great to take along for snacking. I also default to them for lunches when I have no leftovers. My favorites are the basil or dill flavoured at 100 cals, but there are lots of other flavours and plain, too.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure this out myself : cottage cheese, nuts, beans, lean meat, edamame. I have been drinking protein shakes for snacks, my son likes them, too.