Chipotle receipe anyone????

Options
jlmnk1313
jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
I love chipotle sauce but I really need a receipe so I can make it at home so I don't go out and by these sandwiches that are so high calorie just to get my chipotle "fix" lol I can make great decisions with it at home but it isn't always possible when you eat out! If anyone has a receipe I would truely appreciate it!!!!

Replies

• motoxmom1
    Options
    2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
    2-3 TBS Chipotle in Adobo (finely chopped with the sauce)
    1-2 tsp Chili Powder (depending how spicy you like it)
    3/4 C Salsa
    salt and pepper to taste

Put all in the crockpot, low 4-6 hours. Shred with two forks and enjoy with tortillas, taco shells, buns or however you like it!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks I will try this!
  • illestwillis
    Options
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but thought I would share anyway.

Easy chipotle sauce

2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
    2/3 cup maple syrup
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    1 tablespoon soy sauce

Place chilies, maple syrup, garlic, and soy sauce into a blender. Puree until smooth.

Makes 8 servings. 72 calories per serving.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Yeah this is exactly what I wanted :) Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Does anyone else have any other chipotle receipes? My family loves them!!!!
  • bfgalvan
    bfgalvan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cilantro Lime Rice
    Servings: 4  Size: 3/4 cup
    • 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
    • 1/2 lime, juice of
    • 2 cups water
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
    • 4 tsp vegetable oil
    In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed
  • ertgreg
    ertgreg Posts: 16
    Options
    I buy the chipotle peppers in a can. I get the juice out of them and dehydrate them and grind them into a powder. I then use that ground powder along with ground thai peppers and sazon seasoning and mix. It makes a great sprinkle to put on everything. I use it on meats, fruit, and popcorn. I use a coffee/spice grinder to make the powders. Its 2/3 chipotle1/3 thia and one package of sazon seasoning. That is for about the size of the regular spice jars you get at the stores. Then you can save the sauce from the can of peppers and use the leftover sauce out of the can in with your meats while you cook or chili. Makes a great chili!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    wow thanks so much for the receipes!