water weight loss

Options
Hi guys i need some help. I need to lose about 9 pounds of water weight in 5 days. I train from 1-2 times a day if that does any difference. I have heard that I should drink tons of water and that I should not consume any salt or sodium. Any tips please.

Replies

• skaffle
    skaffle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hit the saunas and get yourself a spit cup.
    That's how we used to cut a couple pounds for weigh ins during HS wrestling, although, 9 pounds may be a bit ambitious in a 5 day stretch.
  • billyliljeqvist
    Options
    did u have clothes on when u were in the sauna?
  • skaffle
    skaffle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah, shorts.
    Many are clothing optional, though, so do whatever makes you feel comfortable. If you don't want to use the sauna, I suppose you could improvise something with your shower at home.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You may not have that many pounds of water to lose.

Don't drink more water than you need. That's silly and could be dangerous, depending on how much you drank.

Eat low sodium, drink a normal amount of water. In a couple or three days, any excess water weight will disappear...unless it's period time, in which case you have no choice but to wait it out.

Nine pounds in five days is probably not going to happen, so you might want to think about a Plan B while you work on Plan A.

Good luck.
  • billyliljeqvist
    Options
    okey thanks, my friend lost about 10 pounds of sweat in 1 day, he trained 2 times with sauna suit. But i dont know if thats really good for the body?
  • billyliljeqvist
    Options
    and is it bad to consume sugar if im gonna lose water weight?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to meet a weight class to compete? Maybe your coach could have some suggestions. It doesn't sound very healthy to me, but I don't know what is safe.

I don't think you would want to be eating much sugar
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    okey thanks, my friend lost about 10 pounds of sweat in 1 day, he trained 2 times with sauna suit. But i dont know if thats really good for the body?
    I don't know what the hell a sauna suit is.

Like a previous poster, I'm wondering if you're trying to make weight. Are you?
  • billyliljeqvist
    Options
    yes, i am trying to make weight for a competition. Write sauna suit on google if u want to know :)