over 200 pounds to lose

Options
Just joined a week ago...looking to others who have to lose over 200 pounds....

Replies

• mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have lost 200 pounds...lost 50, gained it back, lost 50, gained it back, lost 50, gained it back...it's a struggle no matter how much you have. I would be happy to support you along your journey. Friend me if you like!
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I don't but offer you support in your quest. The first step is being here religously. Log everything. It is awakening when you see both the calories going in and the calories burned. Please consult with your doctor to know what is safe for you to start with. You can do it. Welcome to a new phase of your life.
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I just found out that I could check my topics...thank you for the encouragement. I didn't think any one replied.
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't know if you will see this but , thank you for your support. You made me laugh.. I just discovered MY Topics and clicked on it..
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't know if you will see this but , thank you for your support. You made me laugh.. I just discovered MY Topics and clicked on it..

I know what it feels like to have 200 to lose. I was at 320 and based on my height I'm suppose to be at 120.

After seeing doctor he said shoot for 170 first. So I only have 150 as my first goal but 200 as my final.

We are here to support and say "getter done" and "keep it up" or even when needed "get back up" - LOL
  • kazzsj0urney
    Options
    I lost 200 pounds...then gained back 60 pounds...back losing again...feel free to add me :)
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90 with 100 left to go. Feel free to add me. :)
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    All of you are amazing! Love reading how much everyone has lost.

Me? I have about 160 to lose. I topped out at 285 and need to get to 120-130 for my health. Literally. I have Multiple Sclerosis and my family has a history of heart disease. I watched my father have his first heart attack. I don't want that to be me. He had a quadruple bypass and again....I don't want that to be me. I have quit smoking and now starting mfp.....again.

Terri

ps..send a friend request but I do ask for at least a small message to let me know which post you saw. Thanks.

Oh and I am a Harry Potter dork (I even went on Pottermore and got placed in a Hogwarts House....woo hoo Gryffindor!) Also I am a Hunger Games freak!!!

May the odds be ever in your favor.
  • dizzlegreen
    dizzlegreen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just recently began my journey to healthy. Its been a rough almost 2 weeks, and I also am looking to loose 150 to get to a place I can be happy and FEEL better. I dont have a lot of support from my bf or family. My best friend is working at it with me but she has far less to loose, its a bit intimidating. I am not giving up. Joined a gym today and looking to get with a pt asap. Add me, it would be nice to have someone doing the same thing as me to talk to.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've got about 180-190 to lose. About half way done and going strong. Add me if you'd like.
  • gardengurl62
    gardengurl62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 177 to lose. Some days are good, some days are bad, but you just got to stick with it and don't give up on yourself. Just be patient.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you :) I started with 300 to lose and have about 80 or so left to go :) This is a great site and you will find a lot of encouragement here. Find people they are what help keep you feeling encouraged. I would highly suggest a food scale if you do not have one already and be sure to weigh and log all your food. Feel free to add me if you would like support :)
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't have that much to lose but once I hit the goal I have now I'll probably have about 25 more lbs to go. if you need a friend who is on here all the time and logs consistently you can feel free to add me. : ]
  • Hi Cindy,
    Nice to meet you :-) I just saw your post. I don't have 200 pounds to lose but I do have 115 pounds to lose to hit my goal. I will be happy to support you along your weight loss journey. YOU CAN do this. :-) Take it one day at a time. That's all any of us who have these amounts can do. Do you have any workout videos at home?
  • tonimartic
    tonimartic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi, cindy!
    after two kids, 9 and 12, and almost 13 years of self neglect, at least 110 pounds overweight, i have found myself here as well.
    i have started my fitness pal journey on 09/11/2014.
    one of my friends told me i do not have to be on a diet, but i should start logging everything i eat or drink, just to see where my biggest mistakes and calorie traps are. and so i have started.
    i am trying to eat cleaner, healthier, and to drink more water.
    i have lost 11 pounds since i have started, only by watching more carefully what i put in my mouth.
    275-110=165
    275-11= 264
    as i stepped on my scale this morning and saw 120kg=264 pounds on a scale, first time in like two years, i was very happy.
    starting october, will try to walk an hour a day, and swim 1-2 a week, to add to my weight loss journey.
    add me if you like, i think it is a great thing to be able to share and talk about our problems and struggles.
    if i learned anything by now, do not be too harsh on yourself, do not give up after you slip up. it happens and it will happen. just keep going and do not lose your goal from your sight.
    wish you all the best!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hi, cindy!
    after two kids, 9 and 12, and almost 13 years of self neglect, at least 110 pounds overweight, i have found myself here as well.
    i have started my fitness pal journey on 09/11/2014.
    one of my friends told me i do not have to be on a diet, but i should start logging everything i eat or drink, just to see where my biggest mistakes and calorie traps are. and so i have started.
    i am trying to eat cleaner, healthier, and to drink more water.
    i have lost 11 pounds since i have started, only by watching more carefully what i put in my mouth.
    275-110=165
    275-11= 264
    as i stepped on my scale this morning and saw 120kg=264 pounds on a scale, first time in like two years, i was very happy.
    starting october, will try to walk an hour a day, and swim 1-2 a week, to add to my weight loss journey.
    add me if you like, i think it is a great thing to be able to share and talk about our problems and struggles.
    if i learned anything by now, do not be too harsh on yourself, do not give up after you slip up. it happens and it will happen. just keep going and do not lose your goal from your sight.
    wish you all the best!

We can so this!
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy - I have lost 70 plus pounds so far and still have about 120 or so to go - so pretty close to 200 overall at the end of things. I've been at it about 15 months so not setting any speed records - but moving in the right direction. Feel free to add me as a friend. Best wishes on your journey.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done (only 18 lbs to go), but I've lost 114, which is pretty much a whole person. Just popping in to say you CAN do it, and feel free to add me for support :)
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Everyone in this thread is amazing! I was up around 340lbs when I got married, started MFP at 315lbs, lost 20, and now I'm back up to 315 . . . argh!

BUT. I know I can do it! Initial goal of losing 115lbs, but who knows? I think an ideal weight for my body shape can't be less than 160lbs. We can do it!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well begun is half done.

You can do it cause you deserve it.

Best wishes on your WOE.